Solved

My bill is going up next month, yet our usage is stable

• 9 September 2020
  • 3 replies

My bill is going up next month, with predicted increase in Winter usage, yet our usage is stable, after checking the statements and will remain so, as our children will be off to university soon.

Are you able to check and reduce the Winter’s direct debit?

We also require a usage monitor for the home, as the one which was given to us when we had the metre reading installed has never worked.

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 9 September 2020, 15:53

In the app, go to help and support and ask the Wattbot fella to review your account. You might be able to reduce your payments. However, you won’t be able to change the 60/40 winter/summer split; PP believe it’s a good idea.

Not sure how you get a new In Home Display. I think you ‘own’ it and need to fix it if you break or lose it. Others might have more experience… But Mr wattbot will help if you enter IHD problem

View original

3 replies

In the app, go to help and support and ask the Wattbot fella to review your account. You might be able to reduce your payments. However, you won’t be able to change the 60/40 winter/summer split; PP believe it’s a good idea.

Not sure how you get a new In Home Display. I think you ‘own’ it and need to fix it if you break or lose it. Others might have more experience… But Mr wattbot will help if you enter IHD problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there

It's probably worth explaining that when you post here you are not talking directly to Pure Planet, but to your fellow customers. 

Your direct debit payments are set on the basis of your historic usage, so your winter usage will only be less than last winter if your children were at home last winter - and there are many other variables, not least the external temperature!

That's why Pure Planet review your account every six months, so that an adjustment can be made as appropriate. You can request a review at any time, but for it to make a difference it will need to have built up some evidence of reduced usage. 

One thing to remember - in the end you do not pay for energy you haven't used

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My bill is going up next month, with predicted increase in Winter usage, yet our usage is stable, after checking the statements and will remain so, as our children will be off to university soon.

Are you able to check and reduce the Winter’s direct debit?

We also require a usage monitor for the home, as the one which was given to us when we had the metre reading installed has never worked.

hi @DGP1 

Do you not heat the house when your children aren’t there?

My point being that although you say your usage is stable 99% of customers use more energy in the colder months.