Solved

Monthly payments

• 1 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Seems as though the monthly payment to this energy supplier is far more than my last one and thus was supposed to save money ??
Anyone else had that experience?
icon

Best answer by woz 2 February 2019, 00:06

hi Angie
I'm guessing you probably think it's more because because your payments are split winter/ summer, you pay 60% of the annual cost in the winter months October to March, and 40% April to Sept.
So for example with your previous supplier let's say you were paying £100 a month every month, or £1200 a year, with PP if your annual cost was the same you'd pay £120 in colder months and £80 a month once you get to April until September.
Multiply your ayment at the moment by 10 then divide it by 12.
Then compare THAT figure with your previous payment.
Does that explain why you think you are payiong more
Angie41;22465:
Seems as though the monthly payment to this energy supplier is far more than my last one and thus was supposed to save money ??
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Angie, There's always a few posts on this topic and I new it would happen to me when I switched..reason is your Useage is set by a third party regulator and not your new supplier. This will pan out as you submit your readings to PP.
Currently I submit a reading mid month and also when prompted. In theory PP will adjust your DD according to the energy used, based on their higher winter DD and lower warmer DD..so it's not 12 equal months as noted in their terms..see FAQ's
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Angie
I'm guessing you probably think it's more because because your payments are split winter/ summer, you pay 60% of the annual cost in the winter months October to March, and 40% April to Sept.
So for example with your previous supplier let's say you were paying £100 a month every month, or £1200 a year, with PP if your annual cost was the same you'd pay £120 in colder months and £80 a month once you get to April until September.
Multiply your ayment at the moment by 10 then divide it by 12.
Then compare THAT figure with your previous payment.
Does that explain why you think you are payiong more
Angie41;22465: