Solved

Monthly Membership Fee

• 18 July 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi,

Anybody know why the membership fee has about doubled this month? Mine says it is £15.28 for the gas and £15.28 for the electric this month when normally its about £8 for each. I havent seen anything which tells me they are increasing it.

Thanks
​Erika
icon

Best answer by Jon1 18 July 2019, 14:57

Hi erika
Check the dates the statement covers. You may of got an offset bill for some reason which means last month gets credited back and then your rebilled for two months.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi erika
Check the dates the statement covers. You may of got an offset bill for some reason which means last month gets credited back and then your rebilled for two months.
Thanks you are right - I just went and looked again its for 2 months (mid May to mid July) even though they sent me one for mid May to mid June last month. Not sure why they did that as I do send them an actual reading each month.

​Erika
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Erika
there has been some shenanigans over slightly incorrectly charged mem. fees which allegedly have only affected members who were billed on 29th to 31st (or was it 29 - 1st can't remember), anyway it could be that affected you and it's a correction, otoh it could be some other reason. The wrong charges were only slightly wrong, pence rather than £.
Erika123;33507:
Thanks you are right - I just went and looked again its for 2 months (mid May to mid July) even though they sent me one for mid May to mid June last month. Not sure why they did that as I do send them an actual reading each month.

​Erika
Hi Erika,

I'm glad to see that your original issue was resolved, with the realisation that it was an "offset bill". Phew....I bet that was a relief.
@woz mentioned that some of us had/are experiencing an ongoing issue with incorrectly charged Membership Fees on our statements. PP have (apparently) identified that this had been caused by a "glitch" in the application of the MF, however as @woz stated, this is only (again - apparently) affecting accounts with a 29th/30th/31st end date accounting period (mine is 30th).
Can I ask if this applies to your account ??

The reason I ask is because your MF for the "offset bill" is £15.28.......if your MF was correct, then it should be (2 x £7.62) £15.24.

If I'm correct then your account is one of those affected by the "glitch"..... No need to worry though, as PP are now on the case and will rectify the problem, and refund the relevant "overcharge" to all customers that are currently affected.
😎😉🤗🤓🤑

Erika123;33484:
Hi,

Anybody know why the membership fee has about doubled this month? Mine says it is £15.28 for the gas and £15.28 for the electric this month when normally its about £8 for each. I havent seen anything which tells me they are increasing it.

Thanks
​Erika
Hi Gray,

Having checked the bills again mine is sent mid month 17th May - 16th June and 17th May - 16th July. And I must have made a typo as the fee is £15.24 for the double month instead of my standard £7.62 for a single month. So all in all it is correct.

I was worrying this month becuase the app wouldnt let me put in the real figures but I emailed the dev team and I think they have fixed it. The app does now have the correct figures. However, I am slightly concerned as I am about £200 in credit and I was expecting it to recalculate to not have big credits or debits. Hopefully when they work on the glitches that will be included.

Erika
Hi Erika,

​No worries......glad it's all ok now. 😎

Erika123;33580:
Hi Gray,

Having checked the bills again mine is sent mid month 17th May - 16th June and 17th May - 16th July. And I must have made a typo as the fee is £15.24 for the double month instead of my standard £7.62 for a single month. So all in all it is correct.

I was worrying this month becuase the app wouldnt let me put in the real figures but I emailed the dev team and I think they have fixed it. The app does now have the correct figures. However, I am slightly concerned as I am about £200 in credit and I was expecting it to recalculate to not have big credits or debits. Hopefully when they work on the glitches that will be included.

Erika