Solved

Monthly DD

• 21 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Is it mandatory to pay more in winter and less in summer or can you choose to pay the same amount every month?
icon

Best answer by woz 21 September 2019, 23:36

hi Psyduck
Yes, I suppose you could say that as you can't choose to pay 12 equal payments.
It really is a fairer system, most customers use more energy in the colder months, so on balance you get to keep your money rather than building up a bigger balance. The first of the 6 higher payments of your account is in October.
You pay your first payment at the start of the billing period (unless you change the date of the dd, which you can to at any time after you've paid the first one), this means at the point you pay you should expect to see around an average month's credit as your balance, BUT more to the point if youre balance goes way out of kilter either way (constantly increasing over many months or vice-versa) it's quick and easy to have your dd reviewed.
I suppose a simple yes would have sufficed...
Psyduck;38087:
Is it mandatory to pay more in winter and less in summer or can you choose to pay the same amount every month?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Psyduck
Yes, I suppose you could say that as you can't choose to pay 12 equal payments.
It really is a fairer system, most customers use more energy in the colder months, so on balance you get to keep your money rather than building up a bigger balance. The first of the 6 higher payments of your account is in October.
You pay your first payment at the start of the billing period (unless you change the date of the dd, which you can to at any time after you've paid the first one), this means at the point you pay you should expect to see around an average month's credit as your balance, BUT more to the point if youre balance goes way out of kilter either way (constantly increasing over many months or vice-versa) it's quick and easy to have your dd reviewed.
I suppose a simple yes would have sufficed...
Psyduck;38087:
I am a novice at this but as I said I would like my direct debit taken out on 1st of each month
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi
also answered in your other post
Go to menu (3 lines top rhs) in app or online, Balance and Payments, you can change the date there.
Henindgeo27;39421:
I am a novice at this but as I said I would like my direct debit taken out on 1st of each month