Question

Mis-billing

I corrected a mis-reading of my electricity usage (immediately), but still got charged the higher amount. Since it is impossible to contact Pure Planet, how do I get my money back? And why didn’t they correct it, when I supplied the info?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi.

You may have been 'charged' on the statement, but your DD will still be the same,  so you will still be paying the same. 

Has your account now accepted the corrected reading?

It should be corrected on the next statement. 

Hi @plplado 

As stated by @Angelabikerbabe, your Direct Debit is set to charge for your usage over 12 months.
Your billing error will probably corrected on your next statement.

I’m not sure how you ‘corrected a mis-reading of my electricity usage (immediately)’ - the Pure Planet App is supposed to only permit you to send one reading or set of readings in any 24 hour period.

Did you use WattBot to send a message to the team?

Yes. That is the only method permitted. No, my account is not corrected - if it was I would not have complained. Good point about the DR. Still, if it took me 60 seconds to correct the reading, why did it take a week for them not to notice that the reading was corrected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@plplado 

It’s a good question (I agree) because if there was a week from when you submitted the correction to when the statement was produced it should have corrected, but unfortunately only PP will be able to tell you why it didn’t so if you want to pursue it you’ll need to use wattbot (customer services) as we can’t look at your account.

Are you saying that the corrected reading hasn’t appeared in the app either? Maybe it hasn’t made it as far as the computer?

There’s no money to get back but your balance will be corrected on your next submission, I’d submit readings anyway now to be on the safe side.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes. That is the only method permitted. No, my account is not corrected - if it was I would not have complained. Good point about the DR. Still, if it took me 60 seconds to correct the reading, why did it take a week for them not to notice that the reading was corrected?

If you go into the app>3 lines at the top>usage>reading history.

Does it show your 'corrected ' reading. 

If it does, your next statement should show this new reading and the statement should be corrected. 

If it doesn't, I would suggest submitting another reading, so that it shows on next statement. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It may be worth considering that you knew that the reading given, presumably at least a day later because you can't correct it sooner than that, was correct, but the computer at Pure Planet has no way of knowing that. So having received a reading one day it would assume a lower reading the following day is incorrect. I'm surprised it didn't tell you that when you entered it. And as has been pointed out, your direct debit is based on an estimate of usage over a year, so won't be affected by one slightly inaccurate reading. If the reading is very inaccurate, then there should have been a query when it was submitted, giving you the chance to check and think again before you submit it. Hope that makes sense.