Solved

meter readings

• 14 November 2021
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Distinguished
  • 2295 replies

I’ve just gone to input my monthly readings in and it says the page is currently out of action. Is anyone else having this issue? 

I’ll try again in the morning so it’s not a big deal, just curious. 

icon

Best answer by Duppy 15 November 2021, 13:32

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just checked our Laps, 

Same

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad it’s not just me then lol 

Good morning @Lapa and @Bev!

You guys are absolutely right- this is intentional and part of SoLR, I’m sorry there was no heads up on the Community. Marc is gonna post about this today. :thumbsup:

In this gap between submitting reads to us and to Shell you can of course keep a note of your readings for your own records! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @Mads

does this mean from now on we just need to keep our own records or will the inputting from PP go back up? I won’t get to hopeful that this means we’ll be fully moved soon 😂 

You’re welcome @Lapa!

The inputting from PP won’t go back up, so keep your own records if you want to - haha that sounds very wise! :grin:

What is SoLR?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s starting to feel real now :( 

@Wackyg supplier of last resort

Thank you, So am I to assume the the message "We've turned this page off for a short time-it'll be back soon" is not, in fact, true and they have stopped accepting further meter readings. I only ask because my circumstances have significantly changed recently, my electricity/gas consumption has reduced greatly and I am obviously overpaying each month. If Shell are going to take months sorting out the transfer they are going to owe me a lot of money and it would be much better in my pocket than in theirs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

What is SoLR?

SoLR is Supplier of Last Resort. The new supplier appointed by OFGEM when a supplier stops trading. 
It’s Shell for previous Pure Planet customers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Wackyg

Unfortunately we are stuck in a sort of no man's land, and we'll have to wait and see what @Marc post will say. PP are no longer in a position to review accounts or change payments, but they would normally require a few months of lower than normal usage before carrying out a review anyway.

Once our Shell accounts are sorted you will be able to discuss it with them, meanwhile any excess payment you make now will count toward a lower monthly payment going forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Was meant to be a like not best answer 🙈 😂 

Hi all,

I understand PP is not taking meter readings and Shell has not been in contact with many customers about this month’s readings. 

Sorry if this was clarified, but then how this will continue? 
Are we going to be charged as usual PP or Shell tariff?
If Shell is likely to contact us in a few months, will they change our statements retroactively for the next couple of months after they see our readings?

Sorry I know these are many questions! I’m reading as much as I can on the forum to get up to speed with the updates.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

PP is in the process of issuing their final bills. Any usage after that will be charged at the tariff Shell sent you. As long as you keep your DD running there shouldn’t be much of a shortfall (which may be covered by any credit you have on your account anyway). The final figures on your PP statement will be the opening figures for your Shell account. Shell will probably ask for readings next when accounts are fully moved over in January, but as I say as long as your dD are still active it shouldn’t be to much of an issue. You can take monthly readings for your own records if you like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@NAVV 

Have a careful check of your email, my final PP bill was attached on to an email from Pure Planet - Member Services • help@purepla.net with the subject IMPORTANT: An update on your transfer + your final Pure Planet bill Your billing date may mean your bill coming through at a different time, but can't be far away if you haven't received it yet.

My final bill covered 01 - 16 October and used an estimated reading for about £10's worth of energy use. Everything after this will eventually be billed by Shell Energy on the Flexible 6 Variable tariff.

I hope this helps. Come back here with any updates, it's all useful to hear and may help someone else.

​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I think it's worth mentioning here, as there seems to be concerns about not being billed in the interim period of transition.

Shell Energy only send out statements every 3 months ( quarterly ). If you take 17 October as a start date, our first statements won't be due until mid January, by which time our accounts should be up and running. It will obviously look very different from what we are used to as the total amount will be 3 times normal, and may initially create a bit of panic for those unprepared.

@Antski thanks.  I haven’t received that email with our last bill :(.

The last one was Sept 19 to Oct 20, so I am waiting for Oct 20 to Nov 19 bill, which could be tomorrow. We are always charged a fixed tariff and only receive a refund every 6 months or so when PP reviews our account.

I will email them if I don’t receive anything by the end of this week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@NAVV  they are issuing final bills in batches. I believe they will all be out by think Nataly said in the post 26th November 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The last one was Sept 19 to Oct 20, so I am waiting for Oct 20 to Nov 19 bill, which could be tomorrow. We are always charged a fixed tariff and only receive a refund every 6 months or so when PP reviews our account.

Are you sure of those dates, ALL the final statements are upto 17 October, the date Pure Planet ceased trading, any balance remaining will be passed to Shell and  any statements for after that date will be issued by Shell once the accounts are set up.

Hello @NAVV 

Thanks for posting! Spot on advice from @Antski@Duppy and @Lapa here - they’re being sent in batches up until 26 November, as @Lapa advised. All PP final bills will run up to 16 October.

This may be a useful read:

I hope this helps!

Are you sure of those dates, ALL the final statements are upto 17 October, the date Pure Planet ceased trading, any balance remaining will be passed to Shell and  any statements for after that date will be issued by Shell once the accounts are set up.

Yes, thank you. We have now received our final bill. Still need to understand if Shell will ask for meter readings from October to January. They are estimating usage from old readings, as understand, so my question is: will this be fixed retrospectively?

Also, this might be a very stupid question (apologies in advance), we have been debited £66 but also the bill shows we have been taken £32 from our credit balance. Why both at the same time? shouldn’t this be one or the other? sorry again, this is confusing for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@NAVV 

Shell will start your account with them using the closing  readings that were used for your final PP bill. This will ensure that you don't pay for the same energy twice. Once the accounts are set up they will ask for a reading  and will produce your first statement/bill using those readings..

The issue with your payments is a bit more difficult without knowing your usual direct debit payment and your usage. It could simply be that the bill was produced and the charge taken from your credit amount, this was shortly followed by your usual monthly payment, which would have been added to your account. You can check this by checking the transaction history in the balance and payments section of your account