Solved

meter reading

Hi ,

what is the point in me sending meter readings into you each month when you have estimated my bill for May? I can’t see why you would ask for the reading but dont use it?

Susan Pollard

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 5 May 2021, 14:16

Hi ,
it depends when you submit your readings.
For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month. 
When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Eg. PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated. 
However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted.
https://community.purepla.net/statements-and-billing-43/estimated-readings-on-my-statement-10321

Hope this helps.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi ,
it depends when you submit your readings.
For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month. 
When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Eg. PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated. 
However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted.
https://community.purepla.net/statements-and-billing-43/estimated-readings-on-my-statement-10321

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge

If you are submitting meter reads they really need to be done on 1st each month or they will estimate from the last date you submitted readings, so say you submit a reading on 15th but not the 1st then they will estimate from the 15th to the 1st of the following month.  Best way to stop this happening is by getting smart meters installed if you can get them installed at your property.

Regards

Hi ,

what is the point in me sending meter readings into you each month when you have estimated my bill for May? I can’t see why you would ask for the reading but dont use it?

Susan Pollard

Your statement is calculated on the mensivary of your join date.

Lets call this ‘day A’

If you submitting your readings on ‘Day A -3’ (which is roughly when you get your ‘can we have your reading’ email) then Pure Planet to keep your billing accurate, have to estimate the remaining days.

Otherwise what you’d receive is a statement for 28 days energy usage when you’ve actually used 31 days usage, which would be out by approximately 10%

Readings only need to be supplied on the 1st of each month if you joined on the 1st of the month, I joined on the 26th, so the 1st of the month would either be 5 days late, or 25 days early.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Morning campers! 😁👋