Members Rates or Prices Fixed tariff November 2020

• 10 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  • Rocket Scientist
  • 9241 replies

@Marc @Nataly and everyone else...

I’m about to reply to a post, before I make a fool of myself can anyone point me at the community announcement (NOT the change in the price chart, I’ve found that already) which should have been posted (and posted large in latest news) about the price change on November 3rd please? If it’s simply a case of me not finding it that’s bad enough,  but if there wasn’t a very findable and  very obvious post that would be errrr...not very good…(mild understatement)

please see also https://community.purepla.net/latest-news-11/announcing-members-rate-increase-to-variable-tariff-for-electricity-11224 

That was the October change...

icon

Best answer by Nataly 11 November 2020, 10:14

Hey @woz

Over the last few months, we’ve introduced new fixed tariff rates a few times due to changing wholesale prices. 

Because of the frequency, and the fact it only impacts Members who are about to sign up or change tariff (and so, who will be quoted/ compare tariffs at the new rates anyway), we’ve not been posting an explanatory thread for each fixed tariff, but instead have been making sure the FAQ you linked to above is up to date. 

The tariff info on our website is always up to date too, of course. 

That’s different to a variable tariff price change, as of course that impacts Members who are already on supply with Pure Planet, so we’d make sure to post and explain the change :thumbsup: .

Hope that makes sense! 

View original

9 replies

Badge +1

@woz  I haven't seen a price increase post recently. 

I think PP promise 14 day notice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@woz  I haven't seen a price increase post recently. 

I think PP promise 14 day notice. 

hi @LUCKY JO Thanks for replying!

The 14 days only applies if you sign up  to the variable tariff and the prices change shortly afterwards.

That’s not why I’ve posted this…..

Hi @woz 

The only one I can find is the one for variable rate, which you’ve already linked to.

It doesn’t appear to be mentioned in the blog post about increases to the variable rate either.

I guess, and it’s only a guess, is that as the ‘Green 12m Fixed Nov20v1’ tariff is a ‘new’ product, it’s not considered a ‘price increase’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Gwyndy 

I never said it was a price increase, I said price change (and the thread subject). It’s superseded the fixed October tariff, but I’m very surprised it hasn’t been mentioned. It seems such a monumental thing to ‘accidentally’ slip under the radar….

In fact overall it’s a price increase of 0.3%, the electricity is slightly cheaper, gas slightly more expensive.

@woz 

My mention of ‘price increase’ was in relation to the blog post being about “a yearly increase of £34 (3.8%) on an average dual fuel variable bill, up from £902 to £936.”

The blog only made a brief mention of the fixed tariff:
Our Fixed tariff

Members on a fixed tariff are on exactly that — it’s fixed, and the prices for electricity and gas won’t change for the duration of their fixed contract. The cost of the fixed tariff in the market changes from time to time, though. What matters is that the price you are quoted when you sign up is the price you pay for the term of your contract.”

(Emphasis mine)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@woz 

My mention of ‘price increase’ was in relation to the blog post being about “a yearly increase of £34 (3.8%) on an average dual fuel variable bill, up from £902 to £936.”

The blog only made a brief mention of the fixed tariff:
Our Fixed tariff

Members on a fixed tariff are on exactly that — it’s fixed, and the prices for electricity and gas won’t change for the duration of their fixed contract. The cost of the fixed tariff in the market changes from time to time, though. What matters is that the price you are quoted when you sign up is the price you pay for the term of your contract.”

(Emphasis mine)

Ahh OK I misunderstood.., I was relating it to my post.

Hey @woz

Over the last few months, we’ve introduced new fixed tariff rates a few times due to changing wholesale prices. 

Because of the frequency, and the fact it only impacts Members who are about to sign up or change tariff (and so, who will be quoted/ compare tariffs at the new rates anyway), we’ve not been posting an explanatory thread for each fixed tariff, but instead have been making sure the FAQ you linked to above is up to date. 

That’s different to a variable tariff price change, as of course that impacts Members who are already on supply with Pure Planet, so we’d make sure to post and explain the change :thumbsup: .

Hope that makes sense! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @woz

Hope that makes sense! 

no it doesn’t, but thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If nothing else the community being made aware would have helped with this

https://community.purepla.net/joining-and-switching-13/fixed-price-tarriff-11556?postid=67477#post67477

and I have to say that not announcing new tariffs in the community isn’t terribly transparent, it makes it look as though you have something to hide.

I think you’ve made the wrong decision not to announce every tariff in latest news. I’m quite disappointed.