Solved

Member fee

• 20 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Iv just received my monthly statement and iv noticed a membership fee of nearly £8 ontop of my gas and my electricity bills adding nearly £16 to my overall bill. What is this for??
icon

Best answer by Jon1 20 June 2019, 19:28

Hi and welcome.
The membership fee is payable at £8 per fuel per month, with a slight discount for having both. The membership fee is effectively the standing charge everyone else charges.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi and welcome.
The membership fee is payable at £8 per fuel per month, with a slight discount for having both. The membership fee is effectively the standing charge everyone else charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sorry to but in, but it was also noted in your original quotation and noted in your welcome pack email with attached letter and as Jon1 states its equivalent to the standing charge.
Hi Nicola,
The PP monthly Membership fee is the equivalent of what other suppliers call the Standing Charge. It covers: Meter maintenance, operating costs, people costs, profit margin and VAT.
There’s zero markup in the members’ rate for the energy you use.. The members’ rate is the same that PP pays to buy the energy on the wholesale market, and members pay no more than PP.

So if the wholesale fuel price goes up (or down), the members’ rate element of your monthly bill goes up (or down).

If the company is finding ways to do business cheaper, it may reduce the membership fees (as it did in February).
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi dtw17Nicola
the membership fee (aka standing charge) is included when your Direct Debit is calculated for the year, it isn't an "extra" charge on the statement.
Did you get a quote when you joined?
Also if you're dual fuel you'll be getting a discount of £30 a year or £2.50 a month, that's also on the statement

dtw17nicola;31720:
Iv just received my monthly statement and iv noticed a membership fee of nearly £8 ontop of my gas and my electricity bills adding nearly £16 to my overall bill. What is this for??
Hi Nicola,
As @StruttG states, the details of the Membership Fee will have been contained within your Welcome pack email. It was also included in your switching process. Were you also "surprised" to find your monthly statement showing a "dual fuel" discount.

I recommend having a look around the PP App, as it is a mine of really useful information and "how to" guides and contains a useful FAQ's section.

Welcome to the Community forum for PP members.