Solved

Making a payment

• 5 August 2019
  • 8 replies

I Want to pay an outstanding balance but there is no option to. How do I do this ? I’m left waiting for ages for a call back and apparently ‘everything is available on the app’ .....
icon

Best answer by stephenrand 7 August 2019, 15:39

Delh;34832:
the links does not seem to wokr, can you type the URL please

Is this the one you want?
https://community.purepla.net/content/274-how-make-one-off-payment-Pure-Planet#ckb_start
View original

8 replies

I’m struggling to understand how I can be sending my meter readings every month as asked for and I get emails to say if any issues with payment etc I will be notified immediately, to then get a phone call to say I owe a considerable amount which I cannot afford to pay off in one lump sum. WHAT IS THE POINT OF SENDING A METER READING IF THEY ARE GOING TO IGNORE IT. And why wait for me to run up a bill before saying anything. I can’t wait to switch provider. Also when they called me they said they had put my monthly payment up to a stupid amount but on the app it’s still the same ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Jordan123
There is a facility to make a one-off payment, look HERE
​Where did the quote come from?
Jordan123;34689:
I Want to pay an outstanding balance but there is no option to. How do I do this ? I’m left waiting for ages for a call back and apparently ‘everything is available on the app’ .....
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Jordan123

There's a kind of understandable level of anger in your post - being asked to pay large bills can easily have that effect. There's also a lot that's hard to understand given the amount of info you've given.

To me, the key fact is in one sense nothing to do with Pure Planet: unless there is something wrong with your meter, you are being asked to pay for the energy you have used; and if that is way more than your direct debit, then either your original estimate was far too low, or you are using significantly more energy than you were. My view is that it's quite important to know which it is. And switching from Pure Planet won't change that.

What you don't say is how long you have been with Pure Planet. If it's only 3-6 months, then it seems to me that Pure Planet have kept their promise - which is to review your account every six months and if necessary suggest an adjustment to your direct debit. An adjustment to your direct debit effectively enables you to pay off your debt in instalments, which I would think is preferable to one large single payment. Your meter readings have not been ignored, they've prompted a proposed adjustment.

The other thing that puzzled me is that if you have been sending in your meter readings, you've presumably been getting your monthly statements by email, which would have shown your growing negative balance - as would the app. So the size of your debt should not have been a surprise?

If you have your usage figures for a year or more, I would definitely check to see if your usage has increased significantly. If it has, try and work out why. If you come back here with more information, your fellow customers will be pleased to try and help.

Hope that helps
Stephen
Hi @Jordan123
Welcome to the community!
Thanks for posting. FYI I've merged your two posts into one place, to avoid having duplicate chats in different places, as this can get a bit confusing!
Nice one for sending in regular monthly readings. This really helps keep your energy usage on track.
What we do is review all Members' Direct Debit payments after 3 months, and then every 6 months. Because you've been sending us regular readings we can be more accurate in predicting your energy usage.
You'll have received an email from us proposing the new DD payments?
Delh;34832:

That's odd. Here's the link again.
🆙
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Delh;34832:

Is this the one you want?
https://community.purepla.net/content/274-how-make-one-off-payment-Pure-Planet#ckb_start
Thank you, that link works and provides an email address.