Solved

late payment

• 7 September 2020
  • 12 replies

Hi,

My final bill bounced and I’ve been waiting for it to come out. It was supposed to come out yesterday but it was Sunday so I’m guessing it should have come out today. My new account can’t start until I’ve paid this and I’ve been in my new flat for a month now. Any suggestions?

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by woz 7 September 2020, 19:09

hi @Annaleighr 

ahh that sort of makes sense now, but not quite…I think the 2 things aren’t related or they shouldn’t be

I suspect your quote is only being stopped because your email address is being tied up for some reason by your old property?  That shouldn’t happen,  I can’t see PP preventing you from joining at a new property just because you haven’t settled the final bill from your old property. that must happen all the time. So a few suggestions,

and a question, did you cancel the DD? if so when? If you cancelled it just before a payment was due out I can see that might cause an issue.

Do you have the app? If so wattbot will still be working, you have a number of ways of solving this:

1. send a message in wattbot asking the team to free up your email so that you can get a quote and switch, you can give them your bank details and ask them to reset-up the DD (if it was cancelled or if it wasn’t ask them to try to take the payment again or
  2. you can make a one-off payment
    https://community.purepla.net/payments-31/one-off-payments-to-pure-planet-10317

As I said I can’t see the fact that it isn’t paid preventing you from re joining unless it’s a mahoosive amount with a history...

If you can manage to find yourself a different email address (easy with gmail just add a +anything annaleighr@gmail or annaleighr+PP@gmail will be treated the same but PP will see it as a different email, and use that to get your quote,

If it affects the £25  because PP haven’t tied the 2 emails to the same person I think you can sort that out afterwards but I can’t promise so  I’m asking @Nataly to confirm if that’s OK, is that OK Nataly? @Nataly ??

Loads of people move and get quotes on a new property and your issue doesn’t crop up all the time so I assume it isn’t normally a problem, their accounts stop working and usually they can get a quote within a day or 2 as far as I know. 

Or have PP actually told you you can’t start a switch until it’s paid?

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Annaleighr 

I’m a bit confused by your post are you trying to switch to PP or away from PP?

Who sent the final bill to you?

Hi @woz i moved house a month ago. My old house was with pure Planet and the last payment for that bounced. It won’t let me move house and stay with pure planet till my last payment goes through, so I’m still with another provider. I’m just waiting for this last payment to come out again as it’s later than the 10 days they said they’d try take it out again and I can’t get answers from wotbot. Does this make sense ? 

Is there any way to manually pay this last bill so I can start a new quote or stay with current g&e if I want ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Annaleighr 

ahh that sort of makes sense now, but not quite…I think the 2 things aren’t related or they shouldn’t be

I suspect your quote is only being stopped because your email address is being tied up for some reason by your old property?  That shouldn’t happen,  I can’t see PP preventing you from joining at a new property just because you haven’t settled the final bill from your old property. that must happen all the time. So a few suggestions,

and a question, did you cancel the DD? if so when? If you cancelled it just before a payment was due out I can see that might cause an issue.

Do you have the app? If so wattbot will still be working, you have a number of ways of solving this:

1. send a message in wattbot asking the team to free up your email so that you can get a quote and switch, you can give them your bank details and ask them to reset-up the DD (if it was cancelled or if it wasn’t ask them to try to take the payment again or
  2. you can make a one-off payment
    https://community.purepla.net/payments-31/one-off-payments-to-pure-planet-10317

As I said I can’t see the fact that it isn’t paid preventing you from re joining unless it’s a mahoosive amount with a history...

If you can manage to find yourself a different email address (easy with gmail just add a +anything annaleighr@gmail or annaleighr+PP@gmail will be treated the same but PP will see it as a different email, and use that to get your quote,

If it affects the £25  because PP haven’t tied the 2 emails to the same person I think you can sort that out afterwards but I can’t promise so  I’m asking @Nataly to confirm if that’s OK, is that OK Nataly? @Nataly ??

Loads of people move and get quotes on a new property and your issue doesn’t crop up all the time so I assume it isn’t normally a problem, their accounts stop working and usually they can get a quote within a day or 2 as far as I know. 

Or have PP actually told you you can’t start a switch until it’s paid?

Hey @Annaleighr 

Spot on RE the payment not being taken on Sunday - it’ll have been requested yesterday instead. That wouldn’t stop you from being able to set up your new property with Pure Planet though :relaxed:

Is there a separate final bill issue with the new supplier of the property you moved into? You’d need to let them know you’ve moved in before being able to switch to us (I think you’ll find this FAQ helpful).

@woz nice one for the in-depth reply - you’re right that if they got in touch with the team to explain what’s happened, they could sort that out! But in this case it’d definitely be possible to use the same email address:thumbsup:

Hi, thanks for replying. 

So. A few things I’ll try be clearer on I’m sorry! 

I moved out of my old address over a month ago. When I go on my PP app there isn’t an account option, just “Hi Anna, Home, About and Sign Up” and so there’s no way to see my direct debits. 

Also, this is my last payment but it’s not a monthly payment. I was paying £100 let’s say PM a for G&E and this is a larger sum of money that was built up. 

When I go on my PP app, it’s still asking me to “get a quote” even though I already got one and an email confirming it about two or three weeks ago. So although PP have not told me I cannot get a quote for my new flat while I haven’t paid my last bill for my old flat, the app isn’t letting me. 

I’m honestly a bit over PP right now. I like how it’s over text but Wott Bott isn’t helping - I’ve asked for my final bill as you suggested but there’s no reply. I’m just waiting for a person to come onto the chat. 

Hope this makes sense, thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Annaleighr 

Spot on RE the payment not being taken on Sunday - it’ll have been requested yesterday instead. That wouldn’t stop you from being able to set up your new property with Pure Planet though :relaxed:

Is there a separate final bill issue with the new supplier of the property you moved into? You’d need to let them know you’ve moved in before being able to switch to us (I think you’ll find this FAQ helpful).

@woz nice one for the in-depth reply - you’re right that if they got in touch with the team to explain what’s happened, they could sort that out! But in this case it’d definitely be possible to use the same email address:thumbsup:

@Nataly 

I only suggested using a different email address as a way to get around the issue, it isn’t ideal I agree, but if it works...

Okay. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Annaleighr 

I can’t say I understand what’s going on here, you do know that once you leave a property the app no longer gives you access to your old account (pp deliberately cripple it) but you can or should still be able to switch your new property to PP.

try this:

forget the app for the moment, in fact delete it and re-install but don’t use it yet.

go online at pureplanet.net get a quote for your new property and when you get the email asking you to confirm your details etc go ahead. That will start the switch process to your new property. (the old supplier may object if you owe them £££, deal with that if and when it happens.)

Use the web to confirm, then you’ll be sure the switch is in progress, the app may or may not need sorting afterwards

You said you had a quote, did you try to confirm it once you got the email asking you to? If you don’t get through the confirm stage you don’t switch.

In regards to the last house - the payment has come out so that’s no concern. 

I’ll go online and get a quote now but this will be my fourth one - am I going to get charged for four accounts at once? Someone suggested I try a different email but then I might pay for two accounts? I have confirmation emails, the app does the 17 (or something) countdown and then goes back to “get a quote” and nobody knows what’s going on. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Someone from PP needs to look into this and contact you. I don’t think the community is able to help. It may be that something at PP’s end is preventing the account being set up, also you may well have more than one account, (i hope not!) - have any direct debits been taken or set up?

I’ve nudged admin..fingers crossed

@Nataly 

Hi @Annaleighr 

Great to hear the last house is settled:slight_smile:

Ok I’ve checked this out with our Member Services team - it looks like your switch(es) has been blocked by the current supplier of the new property. Our team have also sent a couple of emails to let you know about this - that email subject line would start with “IMPORTANT:”, if that helps you locate it? 

To sort that, you’d need to get in touch with the current supplier and find out why they’re blocking the switch. Once resolved, you’d be able to get your quote and switch to PP :thumbsup:

I hope that helps! I’ve also replied to your DM :grinning: