last months payment

• 16 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Distinguished
  • 2295 replies

Hi all 

I just thought I’d post this as I’m sure there are a few people in the same position.

I tried to work out how much my bill would be for last month and my calculation result scared me. I worked it out to cost £164 which is 4 x my current PP rate. It was my gas price that was way high so I think I must’ve typed in the wrong number into the calculator. I contacted Shell on Facebook messenger and they said that even though my account is not up and running and probably won’t be until nearer the end of the year, if I send them my usage they can tell me how much it would have cost. They did a calculation and my bill is actually closer to £57. I feel a lot happier at that, moral of the story I clearly can’t do maths  

I just thought I’d post this in case others have done their own calculations and they are high. Even though your bill will have gone up due to the new rates  Shell will be able to tell you how much it will be. Could help some people with budgeting. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You need to bear in mind that there will be 2 tariffs, pre and post 17th October.  Shell won't be able to calculate the pre 17 October usage as they won't have your tarrif details

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

True but they can give you are cost for since new tariff 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am really liking the warmth they’re showing. It seems even if they can’t fully help, they’ll really try their absolute best. Like what I see so far 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. Good result, Lapsy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Deff Bev they’ve been very helpful. 

Bottom line is its a nice bit of co-operation and support from Shell.

My calculation was about right although at first I forgot to allow for the dual fuel discount PP would have been giving. I can’t apportion from the 17th October but based on the month as a whole with Shell, my bill should be £119.37 but with PP it would have been £101.90. No doubt I’ll know if I my maths is  right in due course!