Solved

Large Credit already

• 22 December 2018
  • 6 replies

I have only been with Pure Planet for 3 months and already have a £400 credit. They are not my bank. This is peak period so when we go to summer my credit will increase further. How do I get a refund, how do I get my monthly payments down? How the hell do I speak to anyone!
icon

Best answer by Mavis1 22 December 2018, 13:34

Hello to thefinn.
You can message the team via watbot, or as i have done before alter the date of your DD payment so in effect you miss a payment.
I.e my payment was 3rd of month so on the 21st i changed it to 20th. Net result one payment in 3rd dec next one wont be till 20th jan.or do it the other way round if your a little in debt.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello to thefinn.
You can message the team via watbot, or as i have done before alter the date of your DD payment so in effect you miss a payment.
I.e my payment was 3rd of month so on the 21st i changed it to 20th. Net result one payment in 3rd dec next one wont be till 20th jan.or do it the other way round if your a little in debt.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi thefinn
Jon1 's suggestion is a good one but if you go down that route don't change it too far in advance or you can end up with 2 payments in one month.

If you don't mind me asking how much is your winter monthly payment? It's paid at the start of the month so when you look at your statement if a payment has just gone in your balance can seem higher. The account is not intended to run at zero balance at all times.
(also is the balance based on true readings or estimated and if estimated have you checked whether it's close?)
Your comment that PP is not your bank seems unduly pejorative; when you signed up your payments were based on what you would be expected to use OVER A YEAR. The fact that we haven't had a really cold spell yet is nice for us all but it isn't a plot by PP to keep your cash, and unless your winter payment is really low, your balance isn't excessive enough to be a cause for PP to be concerned yet.
Don't forget there's a price rise on 15th January.

If you think your annual estimate is going to be way out, you need to go to help in the app, type "message the team" and ask for your account to be reviewed. It will be reviewed at a year or if the balance is really excessive either in credit or in debit.

You do know PP is app based and they don't have call centres as it keeps costs down so you can't (the hell) speak to anyone but you can use the app.

thefinn;19872:
I have only been with Pure Planet for 3 months and already have a £400 credit. They are not my bank. This is peak period so when we go to summer my credit will increase further. How do I get a refund, how do I get my monthly payments down? How the hell do I speak to anyone!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hey woz.
I believe the 2 payments in one month date change problem has been fixed. Not tested it so dont take it as gospel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks jon, good news if it has.

Jon1;19896:
Hey woz.
I believe the 2 payments in one month date change problem has been fixed. Not tested it so dont take it as gospel.
Good afternoon I have £200 extra credit balance on my account.I would Luke to have this amount refunded.many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi yasmin01
You'll need to go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type " message the team" and ask for your account to be reviewed with a view to a refund.
The account isn't intended to run a zero balance, you should expect to see around a month's payment (average) in credit depending on when you pay your DD relative to the statement date, it's usually paid at the start of the month unless you've changed the DD date. Also don't forget prices increased on 15th Jan. You may not be as much in credit as you believe.

Are you a fan of 'Allo 'Allo! ?

Yasmin01;21433:
Good afternoon I have £200 extra credit balance on my account.I would Luke to have this amount refunded.many thanks