Solved

Increased tariff when in credit

• 27 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I’m a little confused as, after an account review, I’m massively in credit and you want to do two things: 1) Refund me and 2) Increase my monthly payment. Sureley I’m already paying too much!?

Regards,

Dave.

icon

Best answer by woz 29 July 2021, 14:55

@DaveSpenner 

PP don’t want to hang onto your money, but what I would say is that if you’ve built up a credit, depending on how long it’s taken to build up PP should base your ongoing DD on a slightly lower annual consumption, BUT..prices are much increased hence even if the consumption they used is lower the cost will be greater than it was.

does that make sense?

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. 

If you want answers to your account queries then you would have to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

If you log in, click 'help' at the bottom, then click 'Ask a question', Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

please note it’s not a live-chat and it’ll be 2 or 3 working days before they’re able to reply.

Userlevel 2

Hi Angela (again), :-) 

Thanks, I already have. but wanted to ask a person and not a bot. Will see what they come back with. Cheers.

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Angela (again), :-) 

Thanks, I already have. but wanted to ask a person and not a bot. Will see what they come back with. Cheers.

Dave.

No problem , hope you hear back soon @DaveSpenner 

Hey @DaveSpenner 

If you’ve queried your account review, that’ll mean our Member Services team take a look into it and get back to you. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, though it can seem odd, it may be that you’ve built up credit over the last 6 months, but are actually projected to use more energy than before over the next 6 months. 

So it’s best to provide a refund now, so your account’s back on track, but increase your payments going forward to make sure they’ll cover your usage going into Winter. 

It can definitely seem a bit odd so I get where you’re coming from! Hopefully the team have been able to explain in more detail, as they’ll have a view of your usage and monthly statements, too. :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@DaveSpenner 

PP don’t want to hang onto your money, but what I would say is that if you’ve built up a credit, depending on how long it’s taken to build up PP should base your ongoing DD on a slightly lower annual consumption, BUT..prices are much increased hence even if the consumption they used is lower the cost will be greater than it was.

does that make sense?