Incorrect initial meter reading

• 9 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have only moved to planet in the last few weeks and already I am regretting it.  I moved from Bulb and gave Planet the meter readings from my (recently fitted) smart meters. My start reading from my gas is now showing wayyy more than it was, its out by thousands and now I discover I cant speak to a real person about it.

Bulb have confirmed today that the readings I sent to Planet are what they had on my account.  I can see a mess ahead and would like to sort it now. Any advice?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

Whenever you switch energy suppliers your meter readings are sent to a third party to be validated, and then returned to both suppliers to use. So things should work out ok  in the end  .

this FAQ should help explain further! 

Thanks for that. 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@PLANETP The readings are wrong because the meter database hadn’t been updated with your new meter which started from zero when it was fitted.

Use wattbot and send a photo of your meter showing the serial and your query. It will take quite a while to sort but it should be sorted.

Also I would contact bulb and explain and ask them to suspend the account until it’s sorted.