Solved

Incorrect Billings

• 25 November 2018
  • 38 replies

I have just received my first bill since moving to Pure Planet, and it's wrong.
How can I speak to someone to get it corrected?
icon

Best answer by Kokinoman 2 December 2018, 01:12

Hi,
The Electricity charge from PP starts at 54609.2 but the final bill from my previous supplier ended at 56081, so I seem to be being billed for 1471.8 kWh too much by PP!
Why is this, and how can I get it corrected?
View original

38 replies

Userlevel 6
Hello there

How is it wrong can I ask?
To get someone from PP to look into it you'll need to ask Wattbot "message the team" with your query and someone will get back to you in a few days.
Kokinoman;17690:
I have just received my first bill since moving to Pure Planet, and it's wrong.
How can I speak to someone to get it corrected?

Hi @Kokinoman
Welcome to the community!
Can we help? How is the first statement wrong?
Hi,

The Gas part of the first bill commences at the final meter reading for the previous suppliers latest billing, which is OK

However the readings used for Electricity, predate the cessation of supply from the previous supplier, meaning that I am being charged twice for the same electricity, which is not right.

Please advise how I can provide the details of these discrepancies, in order to obtain a resolution to this matter?

I realise that admin of the Pure Planet supply is via the App, and internet website, but there seems to be no provision for communication via email or direct telephone contact with an agent, without which resolution of any issues is more difficult, and not so timely, and I have had great difficulty in replying, as the communication came from a '|NO REPLY' email,which is not very helpful.

Best regards,

Roger E. Cooper
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Kokinoman
You are of course correct, you shouldn't be charged twice for the same energy.
I'm a little unsure because you write that it predates rather than saying the starting and ending readings don't match, I assume that's what you mean?
If you go to help in the app, type "message the team" and give details there someone will get back yo you.
Replies aren't instant, it may take a while to get it looked at.
Out of curiosity how much is the difference between start and end readings?
Hi,
The Electricity charge from PP starts at 54609.2 but the final bill from my previous supplier ended at 56081, so I seem to be being billed for 1471.8 kWh too much by PP!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Kokinoman;18501:
Hi,

Hi this may seem like a stupid request and no offence intended. But check your bill from previous supplier to make sure the readings are not estimates and its a normal bill and not your final bill.
The change over reading is controlled by the regulator and should be the same for both,im thinking this may be an overcharge from your old supplier and not by PP. worth contacting old supplier to make sure.
Hello Jon1
Many thanks for your comments.
I had already checked with my previous supplier and they have confirmed that this was the Final Bill, but checking again, you are correct in your thinking - this was an Estimated reading by them, however, the previous Actual, was one day previous, at 55057

PP's first invoice started at 54609 - an apparent overcharge for 472 kWh compared to the previous supplier's 'estimated' final reading of 55081.
Sorry, I said 1472 in my last post (fat finger problem)
Without a phone number or email address, it is proving very difficult to communicate this problem, and gain a simple solution!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi kokinoman
Is PP's invoice listed as an estimated or a real reading? I'm wondering if it's still in the process of being verified..
..anyway if you go to help in the app, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask there, you should get a message back to confirm it's being sorted, (takes a couple of days) also it's likely that @Marc Will see this and respond.
I have no doubt it will be sorted, but it takes time. You monthly payment won't be affected while it's being sorted, but as you already know the balance shown on your statement will be incorrect until it is.
Hi Woz
Thanks - I have sent a message via Whattbot now, so will wait & see what happens.
Only been with Blue Planet 7 weeks, but not happy about 16% rise on 15 Jan!👎
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Y.W. 16%? nooo, average increase in energy rates only was about 10.5%, the membership fee wasn't affected thus ave increase for a medium user was under 9%. Dunno where you got the 16% from?

No one likes a price rise but it was inevitable handled as well as it could be.

Kokinoman;18542:
Hi Woz
Thanks - I have sent a message via Whattbot now, so will wait & see what happens.
Only been with Blue Planet 7 weeks, but not happy about 16% rise on 15 Jan!������
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Maybe that was the Blue Planet rate 😂😂😂😂😂
Hi guys,

Did I get something wrong?

I live in the East Midlands region, and on my bill dated 25th November, I was billed at 11.6p / kWh, for Electricity, which I understand rises to 13.493p / kWh - an increase of 16.32% I believe

Gas pricing on the same bill was 2.75p / kWh and will rise to 3.171p / kWh, an increase of 15.31% by my reckoning.

I know that I am new to Blue Planet, but what am I missing in my calculation of the increase percentages in energy charges?

Regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I said Blue Planet in error, I meant Pure Planet of course - my apologies
Hi @Kokinoman,

I'm also in the East Midlands. The 11.6 and 2.75 are ex. VAT but the 13.493 and 3.171 are inc. VAT.
Hi MikeZ

Many thanks for pointing that out for me - I didn't realise that I had mixed 'apples' and 'pears'!

It now makes rather more sense, but it still represents price hikes of 10.78% and 9.825, which are not inconsiderable increases!

I don't know how much, or when, the last increase was, but for me after only 7 weeks from joining, this represents a considerable increase!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
haha.. that was very dry Bev!

Bev;18551:
Maybe that was the Blue Planet rate ������������������������������

- - - Updated - - -

hi Kokinoman
here is LINK<< to kWh increase chart (a few posts down) not including membership rate which didn't increase hence why PP quoted lower increase.
At least our numbers agree...
(the link was in my original reply)
Kokinoman;18574:
Hi MikeZ

Many thanks for pointing that out for me - I didn't realise that I had mixed 'apples' and 'pears'!

It now makes rather more sense, but it still represents price hikes of 10.78% and 9.825, which are not inconsiderable increases!

I don't know how much, or when, the last increase was, but for me after only 7 weeks from joining, this represents a considerable increase!

- - - Updated - - -

I assume mike pointed out you included vat in one but not the other..
Kokinoman;18555:
Hi guys,

Did I get something wrong?

I live in the East Midlands region, and on my bill dated 25th November, I was billed at 11.6p / kWh, for Electricity, which I understand rises to 13.493p / kWh - an increase of 16.32% I believe

Gas pricing on the same bill was 2.75p / kWh and will rise to 3.171p / kWh, an increase of 15.31% by my reckoning.

I know that I am new to Blue Planet, but what am I missing in my calculation of the increase percentages in energy charges?

Regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I said Blue Planet in error, I meant Pure Planet of course - my apologies
Hi Marc,
I have already given this data in response to a post from jon1 on 02/12/18 timed at 10:16
When may I expect a response to my query regarding this apparent overcharge, and how Pure Planet propose to rectify this situation?
I really wish that I could speak to a human being to try and sort this out!
Regards, Roger
Hi @Kokinoman
Our team replied to your message on 5 December to let you knowing their raising a dispute on your behalf.
You'll see their message in WattBot 🆙
Hi Marc,
I cannot unfortunately see the 05 December entry that you refer to.
I first submitted my query back on 25 November, and was concerned that I had received no response (until today) as to any positive action being taken to rectify this incorrect billing.
I have already confirmed with Engie that the information provided to Pure Planet on the changeover was correct.
I look forward to hearing from Pure Planet again shortly, regarding the outcome of your investigation into why I have been overcharged by Pure Planet for 472kWh of Electricity.
Best regards
Is anybody there?
I requested a resolution to my complaint about over billing back on 25 November (16 days ago!).
Is this lack of communication really a professional response to a billing query from a new customer?
I am also concerned about the total inability to actually SPEAK to a human being at all.
The true test of any supplier is not that it gets everything right, but that it resolves situations quickly, and in a satisfactory manner, when things go wrong.
Pure planet do not seem to understand this!
Hi @Kokinoman
Good morning!
Our Member services team explained in their message to you on 5 December that reading disputes can take up to 12 weeks.
I appreciate that you'd like it to be done sooner but it takes that long for all the regulatory processes to happen.
The team have sent you another chat message today to confirm this.
Good morning Marc,

1) As I have said twice now, I can see no message in this string dated 05 December!
2) If you are however referring to messages via Wattbot, then I am not sure how I am supposed to identify any item by date, as none of them are date stamped.
3) I am sorry, but taking up to 3 months to resolve a simple error (not of my making), and provide prompt corrective action is not acceptable, whether it is an OFGEM code of practice, or not.
4) What is the purpose of consumers providing readings at all, if someone who thinks they know better has the power to simply override ACTUAL readings, with their own ESTIMATES, which are BELOW previous billed readings, and without ANY reference back to the consumer under query - this frankly beggars belief.
Yes, mistakes do happen, but I believe that it is incumbent upon your organisation to liaise with its customer, and the Data Collector, promptly and courteously, when such errors are highlighted, rather than simply hide behind some low grade SLA.
5) I also intensely dislike your communications methodology, which to a new user is convoluted and unclear (no usage guidelines provided), and is distinctly 'off putting'.
If I had realised the whole process prior to switching, I would NEVER have switched, as this is not unacceptable - for me at least!

Regards
Hi can someone please help me I don’t understand my bill and I think I am under paying and therefore means I owe a few hundred pounds how do I sort this out please? Can someone contact me with a matter of urgency please?
Hi @Faisal khan
Welcome to the community!
Your app shows how much balance you have. Go to Menu > Balance & Payments.
It also shows your usage. (Menu > Usage).
As we take payments in advance we would expect your account to always be approximately one month’s payment in credit.
Our Member services team can increase your DD payments if you're using more energy than you expected.
When I look at my usage record I can only see the previous Electricity history, but can find no way to view my Gas history!
Please advise how I can change the view to Gas?
Thanks
I am very unhappy about your response to my claim to have been overcharged by you.
Looking at my Usage record, Pure Planet have recorded an opening balance for Electricity of Day 45563 & Night 9546, but have charged me from Day 45294.1 & Night 9315.1, thus charging me for electricity that I have already paid to my previous supplier.
This does not need to be referred to any outside body for verification - it is clearly YOUR FAULT, so why after more than one month why are you unable to correct your own error?
This is totally unacceptable!