Solved

I need to pay more

• 15 April 2019
  • 3 replies

After the winter I’m £375 in arrears and my payment is going down for the summer, I’m just not paying enough and the last thing I need is to start paying less

Is there a way I can increase my payments or at least make sure they don’t go down over the summer
icon

Best answer by woz 15 April 2019, 19:42

hi JimG
yes, go to help in the app,ask wattbot, type "message the team" and explain. They will calculate a new DD for you to bring you back on track. Replies are not instant- a day or 2.
Your annual estimate must have been a fair way out because £375 is a lot and, when your dd is taken you should be about 1 monthly payment in credit. Do PP have the correct meter readings? Have you checked your statement?
If it's all correct then be prepared for a sizeable increase to bring you back into line, but I'd be more concerned as to why it's so far out in the first place. May I ask how much was your colder months payment?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
hi JimG
yes, go to help in the app,ask wattbot, type "message the team" and explain. They will calculate a new DD for you to bring you back on track. Replies are not instant- a day or 2.
Your annual estimate must have been a fair way out because £375 is a lot and, when your dd is taken you should be about 1 monthly payment in credit. Do PP have the correct meter readings? Have you checked your statement?
If it's all correct then be prepared for a sizeable increase to bring you back into line, but I'd be more concerned as to why it's so far out in the first place. May I ask how much was your colder months payment?
woz;27688:
hi JimG

Hi- I have always paid more with other suppliers, c. £160 per month, I always felt PP underestimated when I switched so knew I would accrue a bill, was really how did I go about increasing payments before it went into more arrears

Thanks for your help, i’ll tell my wife to wear a jumper or two
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
I'm all for the jumper idea..on the other hand walking around scantily clad does have some advantages...
If you paid £160/month every month (12 months no different in summer) to your previous supplier, that would give you an annual of £1920.
Assuming PP were the same price (chances are they were cheaper but assume the same for the moment) that would be equivalent to £192 Winter and £128 Summer.
What is or was your winter payment?
If it was £160 with PP for winter (£106.67 Summer) that puts you at £1600 for the year .
Reading between the lines I'd set your Summer to £150 to catch up, Winter will be £225 next October but you can always adjust it once the first couple have gone out, your arrears should even out or be fairly close by then.
Jimg;27761:
Hi- I have always paid more with other suppliers, c. £160 per month, I always felt PP underestimated when I switched so knew I would accrue a bill, was really how did I go about increasing payments before it went into more arrears

Thanks for your help, i’ll tell my wife to wear a jumper or two