Solved

How will I get my refund from PP?

• 7 December 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, since I moved my house, I cancelled my PP contract on the 17th of October, 2021. Then I have received an email that I have 128 Pound. credit The email said go to balance and payments area, but It does not give any link. I cancelled my direct debit. So how will I get my refund?

Bilal

icon

Best answer by Lapa 7 December 2021, 21:18

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Shell will refund your credit once your information is fully rolled over to them. It will probably be in the new year. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks. 

As long as the refund will be paid, some delay is understandable. My debit is not registered and I cannot set up a debit. I hope you will guide me how to get the refund

Thanks

Bilal

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They will, they’ve agreed to process refunds as part of the process. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Obill33 

hi Bilal

have you had any emails from Shell? 

If not I’d send a message to PP’s customer services (log in, go to help>ask a question), asking them to check it out.

Userlevel 1

No, I did not get any email.

By the way, thanks for your prompt reply.

I am impressed and appreciate  

Regards

Bilal

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome (I love it when people are polite!), send a message to customer services and post back if you need more help. Replies may take a couple of working days.

Hello @Obill33 

Thanks for posting! Some fab advice from @Lapa and @woz here- your credit is protected and will be refunded to you, but because you moved house just after PP ceased trading, it’ll be refunded by Shell. This will most likely be in the beginning of the new year, if you have any concerns you’ll be able to contact Shell about this too.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am a bit confused. I thought I have 128 Pound credit, but my debit was deducted 128.81 Pound on the 14th of December.

Can someone inform me I was wrong that I was actually supposed to pay more that is why It was deducted?

Thanks

By the way, can you help me contact to Shell ?

How will I contact them? Is there any email address?

Regards

Bilal

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Obill33

Pure Planet were continuing to collect your normal direct debits until Shell have transferred the accounts over, this is regardless of any credit you had. Any credit you have with PP will be transferred to Shell shortly 

Shell have a blog page which will give you an idea of proceedings up to now and includes links to FAQ's and the support 

https://www.shellenergy.co.uk/blog/post/welcome-pure-planet-customers

Userlevel 1

I understand but I have already mentioned and ended my agreement on Pure Planet app since I moved my house. They should not withdraw money from my debit since I finished with PP.

Does it mean they will continue collecting money even though I am not using Shell?

Thanks

Bilal

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you had your final bill yet? If not that is possibly why they still taking payments. 

Userlevel 1

Your final Pure Planet bill is ready. It’s attached and available to view and download now in your Pure Planet app or online account. An important update on your transfer to Shell Energy is below.

I got the final bill:

Your energy bill
For the period 28 Sep 2021 to 16 Oct 2021
Balance at your last statement DR £73.20
Balance before spend DR £73.20
Total new spend this period £55.61
Account Balance DR £128.81

Can you translate those numbers and explanation for me please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Obill33

The final figure Account Balance DR£128.81, means that you owe them, it is not an account credit. That explains why  that amount was paid via your direct debit arrangements.

Your account balance should now be £0 ( zero )

The DR means a debt, CR means a credit

On the 28 September you owed PP £73.20, you used a further £55.62 of energy from 28 September to 16 October, these figures were added together resulting in you owing PP £128.81

Hope that explains.

Userlevel 1

Yes, Thanks.