Solved

how to get credit refund

• 14 September 2021
  • 19 replies

Hi I left PP back in august and I am due a credit refund. I’ve tried to request a review of my account and contacted wattbot three weeks ago but still haven’t received a response. Anyone know how I can get this resolved?

icon

Best answer by Mads 15 September 2021, 10:49

View original

19 replies

Hello @Claire651 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you switched away in August it can take up to 6 weeks for your final bill to be produced and sent to you - so your final bill should be with you shortly. Any refunds your owed will be sent to you within 10 working days after your final bill is sent to you. 

I hope this helps!

• refund £340

Hi @ronwatkinson, do you know @Claire651? Or is that just a coincidence that you got a refund too? 😊 

im in credit id like that paid back in to my bank account.. I'd like it to be paid and not transfered to new company 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

im in credit id like that paid back in to my bank account.. I'd like it to be paid and not transfered to new company 

I think we all would, but that's not how it works. Your credit will be transferred to the company we are transferred to, when you are contacted they may give you that option, but it's something you will have to take up with them

Hello @Emma82 

Thanks for posting and that’s totally understandable! But @Duppy is spot on here - there’s more info here: 

I’m in credit. Will I get my money back?

Yes. Your balance will be carried over to your new supplier. They will be in contact with you soon and will let you know how to manage your balance.

I left due to contract end in Sept and have an email stating my final bill and that I will get given a credit refund after 5 working days. Now it's 8 days and nothing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Due to shell taking over refunds are taking longer to action as accounts need to move over before they can issue refund. Sorry. 

I switched to Eon in Sept with a start date of 1st Oct, so I'm nothing to do with the transfer to Shell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Shell are processing the refunds on behalf of PP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This faq posted by PP will confirm

Who will refund my credit?

This is the statement I had on my final bill dated 16 Oct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Icemaiden51 

The day after you received that message Shell Energy took over  Pure Planet's accounts and the responsibility for paying any credits. 

Ok thanks. I'll see what happens.

Hello @Icemaiden51 

Thanks for posting! @Lapa is spot on here - these may also be useful for you:

I am still waiting for my refund, I left in the 10th of September. 

My name is Gavin Bingham 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sadly due to the current situation you’ll need to wait a bit longer. shell will issue your refund but will take a while as all accounts need to be transferred over first. 

Hello @Gavinbingham 

Thanks for posting! Some great advice from @Lapa here - have you received your final bill yet?

This may also be a useful read:

I switched to Eon in Sept with a start date of 1st Oct, so I'm nothing to do with the transfer to Shell.

Im exactly the same along with thousands more no doubt. Moved to Eon in Sept, got my final bill 19th Oct saying refund within 5 days. Still nothing! Would be nice to receive it before Christmas, fingers crossed for everyone x