Solved

How to chase Final bill if you no longer have access to the app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Interesting that I should be in this predicament and I'm sure others are but wasn't able to find the answer.

Having left PP on 1st March, I lost access to the app (and also the community but was able to rejoin with the same details and it seemed to remember me so that was nice) but have not yet had a final bill. I'm aware that it can take some time but I think that there is an issue with my gas meter (because my new supplier still has the old gas meter which was replaced in June 2019 by PP) so I suspect they won't be able to issue the final bill without some intervention by a billing person to sort out a mixup with the meter details.

However, I'm unable to check if this is the case or provide any clarification to PP if they need it so that they can issue a final bill because there's no way to message the team anymore without access to the app.

What are ex-PP consumers meant to do to query their final bill without any means of communicating with them digitally? For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not asking, as many others do, to be able to speak to someone but having access to the same communication method when they were a consumer should be possible for a period of time after leaving in case of issues with final billing.
icon

Best answer by Marc 3 April 2020, 16:28

MrSmart;51409:
Interesting that I should be in this predicament and I'm sure others are but wasn't able to find the answer.

Having left PP on 1st March, I lost access to the app (and also the community but was able to rejoin with the same details and it seemed to remember me so that was nice) but have not yet had a final bill. I'm aware that it can take some time but I think that there is an issue with my gas meter (because my new supplier still has the old gas meter which was replaced in June 2019 by PP) so I suspect they won't be able to issue the final bill without some intervention by a billing person to sort out a mixup with the meter details.

However, I'm unable to check if this is the case or provide any clarification to PP if they need it so that they can issue a final bill because there's no way to message the team anymore without access to the app.

What are ex-PP consumers meant to do to query their final bill without any means of communicating with them digitally? For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not asking, as many others do, to be able to speak to someone but having access to the same communication method when they were a consumer should be possible for a period of time after leaving in case of issues with final billing.

Hi @MrSmart
Great to see you!
As @woz has said, we know that this is issue and it's on our to-do list.
One thing though, you say that:

You can still message the team in the app. Just include your email address in your message, and they'll then do some more account checks with you.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi MrSmart and welcome back
LATE EDIT add this line to the end..
I should have mentioned in fairness, that you don't lose access to the app but this is an issue for those who don't use or haven't used the app. Sorry.

I've raised this many times and very strongly and PP are aware. I suppose you would have to progress it through a DM in the community, (which is not great for community admin either let alone the customers) and thence by email, but it is being looked at.
On the plus side the vast majority of final bills work ok the biggest single issue as far as I can see is people expect it to be instant and it can't be because the figures have to be reconciled by a 3rd party, so people having not got a refund or billl after a few weeks start assuming they've been forgotten and pp are trying to hold onto their dosh.
MrSmart;51409:

MrSmart;51409:

Hi @MrSmart
Great to see you!
As @woz has said, we know that this is issue and it's on our to-do list.
One thing though, you say that:

You can still message the team in the app. Just include your email address in your message, and they'll then do some more account checks with you.