Solved

How long does it take for a reading dispute to be resolved?

• 12 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is anyone else being subjected to appalling customer service?  I have messaged the team about six times now re my switch in June and they still haven’t resolved the closing balance with my previous supplier despite having been sent photos of my meters and subsequent readings.  Unfortunately my previous supplier say they can only speak to PurePlanet and not to me and PP have only responded once to ask if I had a dual fuel arrangement?!

I can’t work out how to see a date stamp on my communications with them, can anyone help with this  as the WattBot is useless?

Also, any idea how I can escalate my complaint as I’m now at the end of my tether.  I had really high hopes of getting great service from an eco supplier but now I wished I’d never switched.

Many thanks!!!

icon

Best answer by Marc 13 October 2020, 09:41

Hi @Daisy11 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

I’m going to flag this with our Member services team. It sounds from what you’re saying that they’re waiting for your previous supplier to respond to the dispute we’ve raised for you.

As @woz has pointed out, you won’t pay twice for using energy! But I can see that this has been frustrating for you, and you’d like an update!

View original

4 replies

Hi @Daisy11,

Yes, Wattbot date stamps are on the to-do list. It is annoying they are missing.

When you talk to the machine, it doesn’t forward to a human unless it says so. So you’ll never get a response in that case.

However, if you persist it will give up trying to help and send the message to the humans. You can short-circuit this process by sending the magic incantation message the team

Good luck with resolving this issue. Once you have a path to the humans I think you’ll find them very helpful. Otherwise there is a complaints process if necessary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Daisy11 

hi Daisy

Date stamps on wattbot were suggested/requested a long time ago, PP are aware of that but not sure where it’s up to. It is important I agree with you.

Disputes take a long time to resolve, sometimes months as a third party is involved, so patience is the key. I doubt that PP have just ignored it.

You can complain through the app or here:-

https://purepla.net/complaints

If it’s any help you won’t ever pay for the same energy twice, what one supplier charges you for the other can’t so any difference in ££ is usually much smaller than you first assume.

Hi @Daisy11 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

I’m going to flag this with our Member services team. It sounds from what you’re saying that they’re waiting for your previous supplier to respond to the dispute we’ve raised for you.

As @woz has pointed out, you won’t pay twice for using energy! But I can see that this has been frustrating for you, and you’d like an update!

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for all replying.  I feel now at least I’ve been heard!  It’s just so frustrating being kept in limbo for so long as I believe I’m owed a few hundred pounds.  And every little helps as a self employed person at the moment