Solved

How do I request an Account Review as there is no option under ‘Balance & payments’ as the FAQs say there should be?

• 19 October 2020
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

How do I request an Account Review as there is no option under ‘Balance & payments’ as the FAQs (see below) say there should be?

I am way over because PP took my usage from my previous supplier, which was completely inaccurate due to faults with the (previous) Smart Meter!

(Old Smart Meters are now disabled, & need to remain that way.)

I will continue to submit weekly meter readings to provide info’, but I need to stop PP taking next month’s Winter adjusted increased payment, and/or refund me some of the overpayment.

Thanks

Paying too much for my energy - what do I do?

• Community Manager
  • 2340 replies

Please make sure you’re sending your monthly meter readings - this helps us to bill you accurately. If you think something looks wrong, head to ‘balance and payments’ in your account and tap ‘review my account now’. We can look into it for you. 

To make sure your payments and energy usage match we carry out account reviews once every six months. 

Our warmer/ cooler months payment split has been designed to help prevent you building up a large credit or debit - we take a little less in the warmer months (April to September) and a little more in the colder months (October to March) to match seasonal energy usage.

Fluctuations throughout the year are expected, and it’s unlikely your payments will always match your bills exactly. If the energy usage information you provided when you got your quote is accurate, the payments will balance out over 12 months.

This may mean that some months you are in credit, but this will be used up in the colder months.

There’s a few reasons someone may be paying too much, or have built up larger credit than usual: 

• They may have overestimated their usage when switching to us (often this is caused by selecting high, medium or low usage when getting a quote, rather than entering a more accurate kWh annual usage)
  • Circumstances may have changed, for example someone moving out of the property
  • Unseasonably mild weather

Want a review sooner than every six months?

In your account tap ‘Balance & payments’ > 'request an account review'. WattBot will collect some information from you, and pass this to our team to look into. 

Don't worry - they won't make any changes without your agreement!

Check out this FAQ for more info about account reviews.

icon

Best answer by woz 19 October 2020, 17:39

@GreenStart 

have you found the option?

If you go to wattbot (help and support>ask a Q, and type in refund it will guide you through.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 2

Or rather, I’d like PP to reduce my monthly payments in line with my actual usage.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@GreenStart 

have you found the option?

If you go to wattbot (help and support>ask a Q, and type in refund it will guide you through.

Hi @GreenStart 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I’ve just been checking this out with our tech tean. The ‘request account review’ option appears one month after your switch date (the date PP starts supplying your energy). 

Does that explain it?

Userlevel 2

Thanks Marc,

Unfortunately that doesn’t explain it - I’ve been a member for over 2 months now.  I guess that the option might be related to length of membership, but it must be more than two months.  Perhaps the tech team could check that?

I’m asking now as the estimate is just way off & I wanted to address it before I’m hundreds of pounds in credit.

I’m used to paying for what I use, or at least an accurate estimate of that, & this inflated estimate is playing havoc with my cashflow.  I’m happy to pay a month in advance, but the estimate needs to be brought in line much closer to actual usage.

Userlevel 2

Thanks Woz,

I will look via WattBot - that was going to be my next course of action.

It’s just rather frustrating when the FAQs say one thing that turns out to be incorrect, and then you have to spend ages searching for a different answer - the FAQs need to be updated to match the current process.

I’ll submit a few more actual readings before my next bill, and then ask Wattbot for a refund/account review.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@GreenStart 

you make a good point, most of the community who’ve been around a while wouldn’t know it didn’t appear because they’d see it when logged in.

I know that you can’t change the DD  amount until the first one is paid and I can understand that, but the logic of being unable to request an account review immediately after joining escapes me. That’s precisely the time when you may realise you’ve incorrectly set the estimated usage, so there is a strong case for changing that rule in my opinion.

@Marc is it worth putting this idea in the feedback section? (That account reviews should be made immediately available, after all the reviewer has the ultimate say in whether a change is reasonable so what’s the objection? (if there is one?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @GreenStart 

I'm a little hesitant to jump into this conversation…

I can fully understand why you want to get this sorted, but it's worth viewing the problem from Pure Planet's perspective.

Presumably you switched on the basis of the quote you were given, and from reading your posts I'm assuming you knew the quote was based on inaccurate information, but went ahead on the basis you would get it sorted afterwards?

As Pure Planet sees it, you accepted a quote based on what their information shows as your usage, and within a few weeks you want to pay a lot less on the basis of meter readings you are supplying which effectively contradict the information they have. This is of course not what's happened yet, because you are unable to activate a review of your account.

I'll be interested to see what the answer is about how soon it is available after a switch. I can understand that in 99% of cases it would take, say, three months readings to get a realistic picture of altered usage (or an inaccurate initial estimate) so why give customers the opportunity to create extra work (and therefore increase costs) when in the vast majority of cases it will be too soon to be effective.

I fully accept that a line in the FAQ to the effect that After you have been with Pure Planet for X months you will be able to request a review of your account; in the meantime if you are concerned about a major error in your payments, please contact the team via Wattbot would have been helpful in your situation.

Hope you can get it sorted soon, let us know how you get on.

Stephen

Yep, this is spot on @stephenrand exactly what want to avoid! 

As Pure Planet sees it, you accepted a quote based on what their information shows as your usage, and within a few weeks you want to pay a lot less on the basis of meter readings you are supplying which effectively contradict the information they have. This is of course not what's happened yet, because you are unable to activate a review of your account.

So that’s the reason we wait a month before the account review option appears @woz 

Which doesn’t help @GreenStart unfortunately. That sounds like a bug - but if you message our team via WattBot they’ll be able to sort it for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@stephenrand @Marc 

I thought of that before I posted. The corollary being that very few customers would use it as most people don’t  know or query whether  their quote is wrong. Those who do because they’ve realised or deliberately guessed to get the switch underway and sort it afterwards would have a one stop action to get it sorted, so I disagree that it would cause a lot of extra work. But then I’m not party to the PP business end of this so who knows, you may be right...

Userlevel 2

Brief update on frustrations of WattBot:

Well, I submitted weekly readings for a while, which clearly had some effect, because PP sent me a new adjusted bill, with the actual usage.  However, they didn’t adjust my DD, even though it’s now 3 times my total usage for the last three months!  And I’m in Credit by 3 times my total usage over the three months

I then followed @woz’s advice and asked for an account review & refund via WattBot on Thurs 12th Nov’ 2020 - this was very frustrating as WattBot goes off on some random trails, but WattBot finally said: 

WattBot

OK, I've passed our conversation to the team - anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.

Their working hours are 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. They'll reply back within three working days and text you to let you know.

I'll be back when you've finished your conversation with the team.

I added in a great deal of detail about why I was requesting the account review, so that the team would have everything that they need, but I just realised that I’ve heard nothing back from the team after 6 working days!

How do I get ‘the team’ to actually look at this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@GreenStart disappointing,...not sure why you haven’t had a response perhaps they are very busy (not that that is a good reason), send a dm to @Marc  or @Nataly  (click on either) and ask them to give the team a nudge is all I can suggest. Have you checked wattbot to see if you’ve had reply?

Hey @GreenStart 

That definitely didn’t sound right, so I flagged this with our WattBot guru. 

He’s done some investigating here - it looks like your initial messages from the 13th didn’t actually get sent through to the team. It seems that because your message was over 2000 characters long, it failed to send. 

I’m really sorry about that and that you weren’t notified - it’s a WattBot bug which is being worked on currently. 

Your latest messages from Friday (the 20th) have successfully been received, and one of the Member Services team will get back to you today :thumbsup:

Userlevel 2

Hi Nataly,

Thank you for getting back to me and it’s good news that my request is eventually being dealt with.

However, this is more than disappointing - why did WattBot tell me that it had sent the message?  It said:

WattBot

OK, I've passed our conversation to the team - anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.

Their working hours are 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. They'll reply back within three working days and text you to let you know.

I'll be back when you've finished your conversation with the team.

Is that 2000 characters for the full conversation, or 2000 characters in a single box? 

If it’s a known bug it should be relatively easy to program an answer from WattBot to ask me to try again with a shorter reply!

It’s no good asking me if I’ve got "anything to add? ”, but not warning me to limit the length of my reply. 

Also, it would be very helpful if when WattBot asks for additional info’ it then shouldn’t pick out random words from within that reply, & ask more unrelated questions including accusing me of wanting to leave!

Is there a way to ask WattBot to put me & my query straight through to ‘the team’, without having to endure its inquisition???

Thanks,

@GreenStart 

Userlevel 2

Thanks @woz , 

Yes, I had checked WattBot a few times, including just before that post.

@Nataly  has got back to me & apparently “the Member Services team will get back to [me] today :thumbsup:

Hi Nataly,

Thank you for getting back to me and it’s good news that my request is eventually being dealt with.

However, this is more than disappointing - why did WattBot tell me that it had sent the message?  

Is that 2000 characters for the full conversation, or 2000 characters in a single box? 

If it’s a known bug it should be relatively easy to program an answer from WattBot to ask me to try again with a shorter reply!

Hi @GreenStart 

I believe that’s 2000 characters in a single message, not the whole conversation. 

This issue hasn’t actually been experienced previously, as the character limit hadn’t been reached in the past. It’s a bit of a complicated one, as WattBot wouldn’t ‘know’ the message hadn’t been sent.

Luckily the team are working on resolving this bug so it should be fixed soon - I’m sorry that, in this case, your chat got caught up in this though. I’m glad your chat is now successfully with the team so they can review your account :thumbsup:.