Solved

home vacant for 4 months

• 7 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi I’m going to be vacating my house for 4 months whilst working away can I get a reduction?

icon

Best answer by woz 7 September 2020, 19:19

hi @Lorrainian 

you can’t get a reduction in standing charges (aka mem. fee) you’ll still have to pay that, but your consumption will probably decrease quite a lot (don’t forget you’ll also need to leave the heating on for frost protection too or set it to a very low temp if it’s through winter)

If you use help and support ask wattbot you can send a message telling them you’re going away and asking for the DD to be reduced so you don’t build up too much credit. Replies not instant, a day or 2.

Good luck, where are you working?

View original

2 replies

Badge

I know this may not be terribly helpful but your direct debit will be adjusted at intervals if your consumption decreases significantly.   

Your property may need some electric use for freezer,  security lights and even phone lines etc. unless you completely switch everything off.

Have a great trip.❤

Ps Don't forget to tell your insurance company 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Lorrainian 

you can’t get a reduction in standing charges (aka mem. fee) you’ll still have to pay that, but your consumption will probably decrease quite a lot (don’t forget you’ll also need to leave the heating on for frost protection too or set it to a very low temp if it’s through winter)

If you use help and support ask wattbot you can send a message telling them you’re going away and asking for the DD to be reduced so you don’t build up too much credit. Replies not instant, a day or 2.

Good luck, where are you working?