Solved

Help needed regarding direct debit account review

• 17 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Was about to give a meter reading today and saw the "account review " planet. In the review it says my account is in credit so they need to refund me. It also says that due to increase in my usage, my direct debit needs to increase.
What I don't understand is how can that be because my usage hasn't increased. I've been submitting my meter readings on time so the credit I have on my account isn't based on estimations.
So if my usage is low up to the point that I have more than £200 credit on my account, how is it that my direct debit needs to increase (instead of decrease)?

Please advice.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Nataly 19 March 2020, 13:13

Hey @Kitaismith and welcome to the Community - good question!

We have some FAQs here which explain the Direct Debit review process in detail - as well as how to get in touch with our team to discuss it further if you'd like (in your account, tap 'query' and follow the questions from WattBot🙂).

The team will be able to look into your predicted annual usage and meter readings, to discuss and arrange payments that work for you 👍
View original

1 reply

Hey @Kitaismith and welcome to the Community - good question!

We have some FAQs here which explain the Direct Debit review process in detail - as well as how to get in touch with our team to discuss it further if you'd like (in your account, tap 'query' and follow the questions from WattBot🙂).

The team will be able to look into your predicted annual usage and meter readings, to discuss and arrange payments that work for you 👍