Solved

First Shell bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Distinguished
  • 2470 replies

I’ve just read the latest Shell blog which was posted on Thursday and it implies that some first bills have been sent out. Just wondered if anyone has received theirs yet? 

icon

Best answer by Bev 9 January 2022, 12:27

View original

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks our Laps 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Submitted my meter readings and parents for the 5th, but no bill as yet, but wasn’t expecting it til around end Jan, maybe mid Feb latest. 

Everything seems to be going smoothly so far 👍🤞, so hopefully all will be correct with the billing, then it’s complete! 

No bill as yet, and all I get when I try to use the Shell App is a message to log in at the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks both glad I’m not the only one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s what I love about this community. Like, imagine if it’d hastily closed mid October, and we were on our own. I would have been thinking “why can’t I get into the app, only the website?”  “When will I get my bill etc?” We don’t want to bother Shell for niggles, as know how busy they are, but by us all discussing here, we can see it’s fine as Dups and Gwynd both confirmed the app thing was happening to them too, and now our Laps knows we are all in same boat re no statement yet, etc. It’s just a nice little bit of extra comfort👍👏, now we’ve got used to having the community. 

I am not ruling out it becoming a big fuel community type thing, similar to others out there, that advise in general re switching, billing, smart meters etc, but not connected to any one individual provider. Who knows 🤷‍♀️what’s round the corner, but it’s nice having it here 👍👍👍💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yea it would have been so slow for information but they have kept us informed and they do weekly updates so it’s not as though they’ve kept us in the dark. It’s just slow and patience is hard. Especially as I’m concerned about the first bill (as many are) as my credit won’t cover it. I’m annoyed I pulled out £100 of my credit now as that could have come in handy but just shows no one know what the future holds, you can just base decisions on information at the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

More worrying for those that totally stopped their DD tho Laps, especially if didn’t put the money aside ready. They’ll be hit with a HUGE bill, with no regular ongoing PP DDs to cover it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

True I knew I wouldn’t be able to afford it if I cancelled so I kept mine going. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I haven't had mine either.  I agree about the support in the Community, it's definitely reassuring. 

I've kept my direct debits going and have a good lots of credit built up, so 🤞🤞🤞 it will covered the first bill, but I'm sure it's gonna be a shock.  This transfer over has come at an expensive time of year for us.

Badge +5

Don’t worry everybody, we will be “shelling” out before long.

See my reply here. It needed it’s own thread in my opinion.

The relevance to this thread is those who haven’t been keeping up are really going to find themselves in deep ****. It’s going to be bad enough for those who continued to fund the DD.

I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I clicked that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I clicked that link and found this post, then I followed that link and found this post, then I stopped click clicking as it was making me clicking mad! 🥴

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It didn't work for me either 

Badge +5

It didn't work for me either 

Isn’t  that what the actress said to the bishop?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🤣😀🤣😀

Well, I don't have a bill, but the Apps working for me if that's any help:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mine keeps asking me if I want a smart meter. No I just want a bill 😂 😂 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m just looking ahead to my last Shell statement and final bill. I wouldn’t say that was exciting but it could be an objective. Who knows so I’ll live in the present rather than take a quantum leap. Space-time continuum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s great our Gwynd! Soooooooo gonna try mine after Junior Bake Off 👍👍👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tried in adverts. Not set up just yet. No worries, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Apologies everyone -rookie copy and paste error I shall have it corrected by someone who isn’t an idiot (unlike me who didn’t check)

@Mads please can you delete my above post or replace the link with the link in the below

--------------------------

See my reply here It needed it’s own thread in my opinion.

The relevance to this thread is those who haven’t been keeping up are really going to find themselves in deep ****. It’s going to be bad enough for those who continued to fund the DD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

See my reply here It needed it’s own thread in my opinion.

I followed that link and found this post, 

@25 quid sorry about that..this post is not now this post but instead is the correct this post which was not intended to be this post, just click on this post above to see what this post should have been when it wasn’t this post.

Late edit, went back after pasting the new link in to the existing and found none of the existing links had been overwritten!!! The entire link has to be deleted before you can change it, so I’m only half an idiot...

Userlevel 4

I thought when they wanted a meter read on 5th Jan that the first bill would be produced but was told it will be end of Jan by shell for first bill, they are trying to transfer credits just now and get the smart meters all working, hopefully end of January something will show on our accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

At this rate my first and my feb bill will be coming at the same time. That will be fun 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Has anyone got their direct debit set up by Shell yet?  Has anyone had any payments taken by Shell yet?

My payment day came and went on the 16th Jan, I've put aside the amount of the usual payment, but just wondered if anyone has entered the Shell 'system' yet.  It sure is a long, stretched out business being transferred to another supplier

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I am still not able to access the app at all our Scubes, and just directed to the website. This has minimal info, and my online banking shows nothing yet set up by Shell, but of course the PP set up has now been removed. My next DD should be due 1st Feb but I anticipate it won’t be set up by Shell. The thing is, PP fully transferred all bank details, so there should not be a need for us to have to reset up full banking details again. Like you, I shall set the money aside, but worry re parents, and the vulnerable, without online banking at their fingertips, they’ll struggle if in that section. 

Started really really promising, but with such a mammoth amount of new customers, I fear it’s getting messy. 

Badge +5

@Bev I don’t see any signs of lots of messiness. It is just the volume of customers being transferred and not just PP’s. The delay is resulting in some customer’s payments not being taken this month because PP have cancelled its DD arrangement. Shell may of course take a payment once they are set up and then drop into the normal routine from February. Some need to be prepared for the first DD being taken at a different date from usual. We just need to allow for it in monthly budgeting. Fortunately my credit will probably cover February and March.