Solved

First major grump

• 7 September 2020
  • 5 replies

In August was advised that my monthly payments were to be increased.  According to the bill I was in debt but I was in credit.  Queried the increase and was told by email and phone call I could continue the payments I'm paying just now.  So it came as a surprise that you're going ahead with the increase. Does any communication happen between departments.  So what do I pay ?

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 7 September 2020, 10:16

Hi @djcrtoye, might it be that it’s the standard increase during the winter months (Oct to Mar) that you’re hearing about? 

If you look in the App (Balance & Payments) you can see what’s planned.

Let us know what you find...

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In August was advised that my monthly payments were to be increased.  According to the bill I was in debt but I was in credit.  Queried the increase and was told by email and phone call I could continue the payments I'm paying just now.  So it came as a surprise that you're going ahead with the increase. Does any communication happen between departments.  So what do I pay ?

hi @djcrtoye 

it may well be a timing issue in that the new payment was set up and it was too late to cancel it, in which case you will pay one month at the new rate then it will revert.

Did you get a subsequent  *message or email* saying payments were going to increase?  

If it is a timing issue the systems should be set up to send you a message explaining (are they?) either that  or the *message or email* was auto generated when it shouldn’t have been and you aren’t going to pay the higher amount. It’s a DD requirement that you have to be informed if the amount is changed) The point is you now don’t know how much is going to be taken.

If you were told it was going to stay the same then I agree timing aside, it should do (notwithstanding your balance being satisfactory).

Go to help and support>ask a question and send a message to the team asking for clarification. Replies aren’t instant, a day or 2. Persist through bot replies.

I’m guessing that you are staying on the agreed figure, but perhaps you weren’t expecting the seasonal change.

Perhaps try the Account Review process again to reassure you of what’s going on?

It's not the increase per se it's the lack of communication saying one thing but a week later saying another.

Hi

Please delete, no longer relevant - for some reason I could not see 25 quid had already answered.

Hi @djcrtoye, might it be that it’s the standard increase during the winter months (Oct to Mar) that you’re hearing about? 

If you look in the App (Balance & Payments) you can see what’s planned.

Let us know what you find...