Solved

final meter reading from pure planet

• 20 November 2021
  • 10 replies

I have received my final bill from pure planet, the meter readings were estimated and I have smart meters.

All my previous bills have been readings taken by pure planet from my smart meters.

If the estimated bill is not accurate it could mean paying more through Shell energy for the gas and electricity used.

This cannot be the correct way to do the final bill.

icon

Best answer by Duppy 20 November 2021, 18:45

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need to contact customer service by going to help and message the team on the app or website. We can only advise on the forum as fellow customers but the team will be able to explain/resolve any meter reading issues. Good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://community.purepla.net/latest-news-11/an-update-on-your-transfer-to-shell-energy-and-your-final-pure-planet-bill-14638

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

https://community.purepla.net/pure-planet-ceases-to-trade-your-faqs-50/what-happens-if-i-forgot-to-give-a-meter-reading-when-i-was-moved-across-to-shell-energy-14632

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@billjrob 

Did you read your meters when you received notice of ceasing to trade? In the email you received following Pure Planet ceasing to trade, the advice was to read and submit your meter readings. I think the system was set up to take smart readings on a specific date, IE: on your statement date, so for any other dates the readings must be manual..

If you didn't take readings there is no way of knowing how accurate the estimate is, and it may now be too late to do anything about it.

In my experience the estimated readings are usually pretty accurate

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@billjrob 

I've had a look at my final bill received a few days ago and my readings are listed as estimates as well, but it is actually the exact readings I sent in over the last few weeks as and when requested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Mine too are estimates, despite sending the readings as requested our Scubes, and more or less spot on too, so that’s fine by me 👍👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My final reading was an estimate as I’d submitted on 15th and next one submitted was 18th so they estimated my one for the last reading. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yeah, that’s what I should have said. First submission was 13th and that’s been used. Second request was 18th but they’ve estimated to 17th, BUT SOOOOOOO accurate that it’s fine by me 👏👍👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@billjrob 

and to add that in the majority of cases (and especially where people don’t heat by night storage heaters) the estimated electricity reading will be very close to what it actually was on the day, because electricity usage is usually consistent (give or take the odd kWh hot tub or car charge) The gas may vary slightly if there was a particularly cold period between the previous and end reading (I don’t think there was), If PP have had regular readings previous to when they ceased trading 99% of those cases will be so near as not matter.

But If you are sure the real readings around the end date were much higher than your estimate you should let them know. 

In the case of working Smart Meters I can’t see that they would be very far out at all?

Hey @billjrob and welcome to the Community! 

Glad to see all the fab advice you’ve received from other Members. :slight_smile:

We’ve answered this question in our post all about your final bill, which you may find helpful - 

Why is there an estimated reading on my final bill? 
If you last entered a meter reading before 16 October 2021, we’ll have used an estimated reading to cover energy used between your last reading, up to 16 October. 

The estimated reading is calculated based on your previous energy usage and readings. 

The reading on your bill will be used by Shell Energy to open your account with them. You won’t pay for your energy twice. 

Hopefully that helps reassure you? If you have Smart meters, the estimate should be pretty accurate to your actual usage - that’s because we’d have plenty of info about your energy usage to use when calculating the estimate. :raised_hands: