Solved

Final bill refund

• 20 December 2021
  • 12 replies

HI - I am due a refund from Shell for a final bill from PP where I was in credit. Shell have told me that they have no record of my account with them because I switched to another supplier before PP went bust. But I am owed £394 from Shell / PP - what can I do? Any advise?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Lapa 20 December 2021, 19:30

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sadly due to the current situation it’s a waiting game. Accounts have not fully rolled over to Shell yet so they will not have your information to issue a refund. Shell should have your info in Jan so I’d expect them to be in touch in the few months of 2022. 

this isn’t great in all honesty.. why is it taking so long? What if I was someone who was strapped for cash? This isn’t great…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s the process unfortunately. Btw I have a feeling you think I work for PP, I don’t. Im a customer just like you. 

Sorry - just very frustrated by this… Happy xmas!

iesthis isn’t great in all honesty.. why is it taking so long? What if I was someone who was strapped for cash? This isn’t great…. 

Well, some 20 companies have so far gone out of business in one form or another in the energy sector this year, it takes time to move all those customers to a Supplier of Last Resort and transfer their account information.

If someone’s ‘strapped for cash’ - well to be perfectly honest, that’s tough.
Pure Planet is in the hands of PwC, and they will be trying to sort everything out as best they can, but ultimately, the only solution they have is to try to keep as much of the business as absolutely necessary running until the transfer to Shell happens, whilst trying to ensure an orderly winding down of the unnecessary areas of the business, payment of any commercial bills since the administration, and a calculation of assets and liabilities.

Domestic Customers will be taken care of by SoLR, which is a lot better treatment than they get in many other administrations/liquidations.

At the moment all you can do, from someone who has been through it before, is wait.
In all likelihood Pure Planet/Shell are prioritizing the transfer of ‘live’ customers first, later the accounts which have moved on will be transferred, and then Shell will look into refunding you.

@Mads @Marc @Nataly or @ cannot remember her username, may be able to give you better news, however, I somehow doubt it.

SoLR? Not sure I have any sympathy at all for corporates who go owe us folk money… 

Supplier of Last Resort.

You may not have much sympathy, but at the moment, the company who ‘owed you money’ doesn’t exist.

You in theory have the following companies involved in this.

Blue Marble Holdings Limited / Pure Planet - who probably owed you the money, and ceased trading on 13th October 2021.

Blue Marble Holdings Limited Pure Planet (in Administration) - who exist solely to ensure everything keeps running until Shell take over, the Administrators were appointed on 19th October 2021.
(I must confess to being surprised that Pure Planet’s pages have not changed to ‘Pure Planet (in Administration) - perhaps it’s something to do with SoLR?

Shell, who will ‘owe you the money,’ once they have completed the transfer of your account.

Thanks for clarifying things. Shame that I have to spend my time chasing for a refund that is owed by people who have plenty of cash. Once again it’s a good example of corporates running rough-shod over consumers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Miki1 

Suggestion:

If you are actually with Shell for your energy, and you’re strapped for cash, cancel your Direct Debit, use that cash - it will give you some breathing space.

It’s not the corporates running roughshod it’s down to the way the Ofgem legislation works but look on the bright side, at least you shouldn’t have to fight to get your balance. (no consolation I know).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Mads @Marc @Nataly or @ cannot remember her username, may be able to give you better news, however, I somehow doubt it.

@Gwyndy 

I suspect @cannotrememberherusername was @placidhouse who then became @Jenny_  (super dooper community manager)

or maybe she has a twin sister (She certainly has a twin cat so it’s entirely possible)

@Gwyndy

I suspect @cannotrememberherusername was @placidhouse who then became @Jenny_  (super dooper community manager)

or maybe she has a twin sister (She certainly has a twin cat so it’s entirely possible)

Ah, I tried @placidhouse, and nothing came up, so I thought I must have got it wrong.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Miki1 

Thanks for your question, and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble getting your refund sorted out.  You’ve had some great advice thanks to @Lapa @Gwyndy and @woz so all I’d add to that is that you might like to contact Member Services to double check everything, as we don’t have access to your account details here at the Community.

If you head over to our app or website, choose Help > Ask A Question, and our lovely Member Services team will have a look at things for you.

Hope this helps.