Solved

Final Bill incorrect - used estimates instead of actual meter readings.

• 3 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, my final bill for Electricity Night (Rate 02) is over a 1000 units higher than it should be because you have used an estimate - for all the readings. You have removed all my manually entered readings.

I provided actual readings on 15th October. See pics below of meters as well as screenshot of meter reading history as of 15th October.

Please advise how do I get this corrected and a new final bill with credit?

icon

Best answer by Lapa 3 December 2021, 18:38

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are on the community with fellow customers. You need to contact customer services via the wattbot (help>speak to the team) and let them know. They will be able to look into your account

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

deleted

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@drummerbod

I’ve just looked at the figures, my original reply was in essence correct but I’ve since deleted it as either you posted more info or I just didn’t see the photos!.

On 14th Oct your meter was changed to single rate which would encompass both rates and the night rate was parked The final bill should be based on the real readings not  on an estimate for a non existent meter configuration
(unless it’s now been…. “re-reconfigured”?)
However...as you can see it looks like it’s (maybe) gone askew which makes it look like the readings have gone backwards (unless you’re feeding the grid? Are you?)

Although the night quantity has increased by 1000 the day quantity has reduced  

19771+4057=23828 (total units real 15 Oct)

Estimated total for 22nd Sep is irrelevant but = 24254 total

So if your final bill was based n the latter figures (it should not be so) the total over estimation would be 426 units not 1000.

If Shell put you on an E7 tariff it’s important to get those figures corrected, less so (but still it matters) if you were to start on a single rate tariff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t think so. Think it’s the original, if there is an edit it’s minor

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I don’t think so. Think it’s the original, if there is an edit it’s minor

thanks, perhaps I just had a woz glitch! 

Hey @drummerbod and welcome to the Community! 

@Lapa’s advice on how to get in touch with our Member Services team is spot on here - if you include those photos of your meters in a chat with the team, they’ll be able to take a look into this for you. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Thanks all. As advised I have emailed these details to Pure Planet.

I'm not feeding the network.

Rate 2 has stopped increasing but not sure when. However, the Rate 2 reading history on Pure Planets website has always shown an estimate. An estimate that kept increasing until it got over 1000 units ahead of actual. My actual readings have now been removed.

Guess we'll see what they say.

Userlevel 1

PurePlanet resolved the issue... very quickly!

Rate02 wasn't increasing because it changed to a single rate when I moved to PurePlanet.

Thanks for your help!!

All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad you are all sorted :)

Thanks for coming back into the Community to let us know @drummerbod :grin: