Solved

False meter reading!

• 7 December 2021
  • 23 replies

Hi. I've just had my bill from you and you state that I used £1025.51 of electricity from 25th march to 24th April 2021. This has to be a massive mistake/false meter reading as there is NO way I used that much electricity in that period!!? Can you please clarify how you came to that amount or is this a typo on the bill? If it isn't a typo, I would like you to check my meter for a fault?

icon

Best answer by woz 7 December 2021, 18:48

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@ValiantVeggie 

It’s unlikely (but not impossible) that the meter is faulty, let’s start by assuming it isn’t and try to work with some facts - first of all go to the meter on the wall and take readings and photos.

Has your meter been changed, if so when?

How do the actual readings compare with those PP have used?

And I have been giving a estimated bill from u how do I give u my meter readings so u can correct it 

Hi. I've just had my bill from you and you state that I used £1025.51 of electricity from 25th march to 24th April 2021.

Hi @ValiantVeggie 

What about the rest of 2021?
Are you sure you’ve not had a consolidated statement covering more than one month?

Regards

Gwynd

And I have been giving a estimated bill from u how do I give u my meter readings so u can correct it 

If it still works, you can enter the readings directly into your account.

However, due to the process of Pure Planet switching to Shell Energy, you may have to sort it out with them once you have your account up and running.

Is anything available when you use the ‘go to account’ option?

Just says they estimated my bill and its - 143 owed what should I not pay it and wait for new supplier to contact me it's clearly wrong if its been estimated av never gave my readings

Is the new supplier taking the debts from pure Planet 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Is the new supplier taking the debts from pure Planet 

Yes, Shell are taking on customers debts, but it will mean that any debt will be taken into consideration when working out your monthly payments.

Don't forget that any energy used since 16 October has not yet been charged , and this will also be considered in the calculation

Pure Planet I'm glad your closed down

Badge +5

@This You cannot blame Pure Planet for the system now imposed by Ofgem. Take it up with them. It is for your benefit. It protect credits held. Otherwise they would be lost.

And by the way, your are not talking to Pure Planet here but to other members who will do their best to help those with queries. Your abuse and being objectionable will get you nowhere and is more likely to work to your detriment. Being civil has far greater benefits and success.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please be civil in our Community 

Why are u People wasting your time on this forum 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

People are here helping other customers. 

Exactly pure Planet lazy they shoukd do it themselves 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They are active during working hours 

Why are u People wasting your time on this forum 

Well, I can’t speak for everyone else here.
In my case having been with one company which closed 2+ years ago, whose customer service fell to bits towards the end, I’ve found since joining this community in 2019, that it’s nice to help those who need it where I can.

You however, are wasting my time with your unnecessary attitude, particularly as it’s hardly Pure Planet’s fault that you’ve never supplied readings - they actually told people to make sure to supply them in the run up to the switch to Shell.

I’m out, best of luck to you.

Badge +5

Sadly there are one or two people who were either born objectionable or go for lessons to be so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@This 

Tut tut tut tutting and tutted.

Anything else we can help you with.

Just remember to take monthly metre readings with back up images for justin. When Shell have finally co ordinated the switch then send at least monthly readings so that your statements are close to accurate. Then any future estimated readings linked to your statements will advise close to accurate figures.

You may not be interested but this forum was set up by PP so that members like you and me assist with the process. Its really worked well in my opinion and sad PP are ceasing. Anyway, nuff said and good luck with your endeavours.

Bang a gong 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

LOL @This 

Thanks for the entertainment, yours is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on here (apart from my own of course)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sadly there are one or two people who were either born objectionable or go for lessons to be so.

@G4RHL

wot! Only one or two? 

I had lessons, what about you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@ValiantVeggie

don’t let the other posts on here put you off coming back to help us figure out what’s happened in your case, it was unfortunate that the thread was spoilt, but I’m sure it will be corrected shortly.

Badge +5

@G4RHL

wot! Only one or two? 

I suspect it is in my DNA

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@G4RHL

wot! Only one or two? 

LOL - I’ve worked very hard to hone mine.

Badge +5

@G4RHL

wot! Only one or two? 

LOL - I’ve worked very hard to hone mine.

You have to bring it out on special occasions!