Solved

Existing Bill

• 10 September 2020
  • 10 replies

PP have sent me a letter stating I owe them £100+ for the period I moved in to the house.

They have stopped my switch to another provider, surely they can’t do this?

icon

Best answer by Nataly 11 September 2020, 11:25

Hey @Freemo and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Don’t worry - you’ll only need to pay for the energy used once you were responsible for the property, it’s likely we don’t have your move-in dates logged against your account yet. 

Have you followed the steps in this move in FAQ

View original

10 replies

‘Fraid so @Freemo.

When you move into a house you inherit the previous supplier. You need to pay for your energy from then until you switch to another provider.

No such thing as a free lunch. Once you’ve paid, PP will let you leave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @Freemo 

You have a contract with PP as a deemed customer (same with every other supplier) but you must have been with them  a considerable time if you’ve clocked up £100 worth of charges?

If it isn’t a long time I’d check what your meter readings were when you moved in just to be sure there is no overlap (the previous occupant will have given closing readings and if you moved in shortly after they left your readings will be similar. If there was significant time gap before you took responsibility  there could be charges which aren’t yours, it’s worth checking. 

‘Fraid so @Freemo.

When you move into a house you inherit the previous supplier. You need to pay for your energy from then until you switch to another provider.

No such thing as a free lunch. Once you’ve paid, PP will let you leave.

I wasn’t clear, I moved in on 20th August but they have sent me a bill from 7th August to 25th August, I’ve no problem paying for the 5 days we moved in to the property, the bill would be minimal as we weren’t actually living there but why should i pay for the energy used before I moved in?

hi @Freemo 

You have a contract with PP as a deemed customer (same with every other supplier) but you must have been with them  a considerable time if you’ve clocked up £100 worth of charges?

If it isn’t a long time I’d check what your meter readings were when you moved in just to be sure there is no overlap (the previous occupant will have given closing readings and if you moved in shortly after they left your readings will be similar. If there was significant time gap before you took responsibility  there could be charges which aren’t yours, it’s worth checking. 

That’s my biggest problem with PP, I can’t contact anyone, it’s a joke, as if moving isn’t stressful enough I’ve now got to try and work out how to get out of this and info isn’t easy, most of the time period for the bill was when the previous occupants owned the house, it’s only the last 5 days of the bill that’s mine?

Hey @Freemo and welcome to the Community :relaxed:

Don’t worry - you’ll only need to pay for the energy used once you were responsible for the property, it’s likely we don’t have your move-in dates logged against your account yet. 

Have you followed the steps in this move in FAQ

I had a couple of PP employees email when I first made contact (eventually) and say that they had set me up, took my meter readings and the like, I then found I had to add them myself on the app, all along I’ve been saying to anyone that would read these that I want to transfer but as there aren’t any humans @PP that will actually pick up the phone and have a conversation I’m finding myself extremely frustrated and can’t get anyone to get me out of this hole I find myself in through no fault of my own, I found out yesterday that my attempt to switch has been blocked by PP

Hey @Freemo 

Ok I’ve checked this out with our Member Services team - they’ve let me know they’ve received your emails and WattBot chat so they’ll be replying to you today to get this sorted :slight_smile: 

Thanks for the update @Nataly the first positive experience with PP 👍🏻

@Nataly will this be via phone call?

@Freemo 

We’re a digital-first supplier, so we don’t have a call centre. The team will get back in touch with you either by email or by replying to your chat  :slight_smile: (and if they reply on chat, you’ll get an SMS notification to let you know!). 

Happy to help!