Solved

Enormous credit balance

I recently sent meter readings and my credit balance which was already substantial has increased to over £1000! Awaiting a response but trying to figure out if this is correct.
icon

Best answer by Strutt G 8 May 2019, 12:30

Hi Clairemc,

I guess you have contacted PP by the regulary advised method.
Do you understand how to work out your energy consumption from month to month leading your annual usage which is projected on your monthly statement. This projection will alter each month as your usage average pans out based on your metre reads that can frequently sent.

Sounds like you need some feedback from PP including an account and or DD review.

​Good luck and revert back as and when required, lots of members ready to advise.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Thats great!
Pp have been great tbh, explained everything clearly.
It seems my old supplier didn’t recognise a change of gas meter and were potentially overcharging me.
Pp are on with dealing with it.
Thanks for the advice
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
You will only get charged for what you use.
Your original DD was based on previous projections that may be wrong and not necessarily PP's fault.
It happens and our accounts are reviewed twice a year.
Because I do my own switch and no my own usage I never seem to have this kind of problem, sorry not trying to sound smug, just think its always best to hold the control levers. PP will sort this out.

When did you "Message the Team" as it takes a couple of days for a response.

PP will respond and they have no interest into hanging onto their customers dosh.
There all about transparency and reputation and do things a little different.

Let the community know how you got on.
Thanks for the reply. In all honesty I am just working out the difference between this reading and my starting reading alongside the unit price for fuel. In a very basic way though.
Yes I have contacted pp directly so awaiting a response, just wondered if this had happened to anyone else. A repayment would come in handy, however very aware it is probably not going to be that much of an overpayment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Clairemc,

I guess you have contacted PP by the regulary advised method.
Do you understand how to work out your energy consumption from month to month leading your annual usage which is projected on your monthly statement. This projection will alter each month as your usage average pans out based on your metre reads that can frequently sent.

Sounds like you need some feedback from PP including an account and or DD review.

​Good luck and revert back as and when required, lots of members ready to advise.