Solved

Do I get charged on usage or Tariff?

• 20 September 2020
  • 5 replies

So I have 100% Green Variable Tariff, which mentions 51.45 for summer and 77 for winter starting from October. I have a question. I have smart meter in my house, In this Tariff, do I get charged as per my consumption or I will be charged flat 77 every month?

Because it might be possible that I use more or less? 

icon

Best answer by Mavis1 20 September 2020, 15:45

Hello Deepalivg.

You will pay a DD payment of £51 for 6 months of the year and £77 the other 6 months. 

You acct will then build up a  credit or debt depending on how much you actually use, after about 6 months your acct will be reviewed and the monthly DD payments altered if need be to ensure you dont end up with a huge credit or debt. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello Deepalivg.

You will pay a DD payment of £51 for 6 months of the year and £77 the other 6 months. 

You acct will then build up a  credit or debt depending on how much you actually use, after about 6 months your acct will be reviewed and the monthly DD payments altered if need be to ensure you dont end up with a huge credit or debt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Deepalivg 

From October you will pay a flat £77 direct debit, but you will be charged according to your usage at the tariff relevant to your account plus membership fee. The direct debit is estimated based on the usage figures you provided, and the account is reviewed every six months. If you use more, your payment will increase, if you use less the payment will decrease. It is normal for your account balance to fluctuate during this period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

just to be pedantic...  you will be charged according to your usage at the tariff relevant to your account including the membership fee.

Just to pile on further and have a little fun with my pedants hat, your hyperlink doesn’t work @woz. 🤣 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

lol! 

(     it wasn’t     for  emphasis but
to signify      a changed    word )