Solved

Direct debits

• 21 September 2019
  • 3 replies

How do I get the Direct debit to stay at the same amount until a large credit is worked off?
icon

Best answer by woz 21 September 2019, 23:44

hi Martin
ahhh I see what you're asking now and there are two separate things going on here.
Your annual is split into 6 winter and 6 summer payments.(60% paid in colder months, 40% in warmer)
Your balance should hover around a month's average payment when the dd is paid. If it's constantly increasing or decreasing you can have it reviewed at any time (PP look at it every 6 months)
If you want a review because you think you've built up too much credit (don't forget to deduct a months payment from your balance) just go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask. PP will review and agree a new payment with you. You'll only ever pay for the energy you use.
Martinp1;38088:
But why should the direct debits go up if there is a large credit balance on the account. So, how do I request PP to review the account?
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Martin I can't make sense of your question...
because..
You do know that everyone's October payment will increase anyway? (there are 6 summer and 6 winter payments with PP), so whatever figure you've already agreed and are paying in September (if you've agreed one?) will become 1.5x that figure in October for 6 months.
If that Amount is not high enough to clear off your arrears (not forgetting that you will use more energy as it's colder), you'll need to go to help in app or online, ask wattbot, type message the team and explain that you want to increase your payments to cover your arrears and PP will work out a figure for you.

Replies not instant circa 24 hrs.

Martinp1;38061:
How do I get the Direct debit to stay at the same amount until a large credit is worked off?
But why should the direct debits go up if there is a large credit balance on the account. So, how do I request PP to review the account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Martin
ahhh I see what you're asking now and there are two separate things going on here.
Your annual is split into 6 winter and 6 summer payments.(60% paid in colder months, 40% in warmer)
Your balance should hover around a month's average payment when the dd is paid. If it's constantly increasing or decreasing you can have it reviewed at any time (PP look at it every 6 months)
If you want a review because you think you've built up too much credit (don't forget to deduct a months payment from your balance) just go to help, ask wattbot, type message the team and ask. PP will review and agree a new payment with you. You'll only ever pay for the energy you use.
Martinp1;38088: