Solved

Direct debits

• 14 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hello I have cancelled my direct debit S the next payment of over £200 is too high.
icon

Best answer by Duppy 14 September 2019, 14:35

Hi Sandy
The direct debit payment is calculated using the estimated yearly usage that you entered when you joined PP. You will only pay for the energy you use, with a payment that high, I can only assume that you are a high user.
If there is a problem, you need to contact PP via Wattbot, type message the team and explain your problem. They will get back within 24 hours but not weekends.
I will point out that this is a public forum and you should not post personal information
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Sandy
The direct debit payment is calculated using the estimated yearly usage that you entered when you joined PP. You will only pay for the energy you use, with a payment that high, I can only assume that you are a high user.
If there is a problem, you need to contact PP via Wattbot, type message the team and explain your problem. They will get back within 24 hours but not weekends.
I will point out that this is a public forum and you should not post personal information
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Just to add to Duppy's excellent answer, you should also bear in mind October is the first month of the higher winter direct debit payments, so it will be 50% more than the September payment.
But £200 does seem a bit high - what's the statement showing as your balance? If it is over twice your direct debit, then it's worth contacting PP as Duppy indicates.

Stephen
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
For what it's worth, to add to the otherwise excellent replies: It wasn't necessary to cancel, it could have been sorted with a message the team to wattbot, and in doing so you've caused yourself a lot more work because you'll have to set it up again. (not to mention breaking your agreement with PP, as you also have a very substantial dd guarantee that if PP take more than agreed you can recall the dd with your bank).

Bearing in mind the other replies and ASSUMING (important) that your previous payments were covering what you used (although I suspect they weren't) here's an illustration
Total annual cost £2000 (that's high which is why I suspect your dd has been increased to cover a shortfall)
With PP 6x winter at £200 and 6x Summer at £133.33 = total £2000
With another provider at 12 equal payments 12x£166.67

So with PP if your annual costs were £2000 you would pay £33 less in warmer months and £33 more in colder months.