Solved

Direct Debit - Moving Collection Date Prior To Switch Completion

• 10 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have just signed up to join Pure Planet last night and switch from my previous supplier EDF. 

My first Direct Debit is due to be collected upon completion of my switch on 26th March. Would it be possible to move that date into the start of April as it would be easier for my finances, as all my other Direct Debits are collected between the 1st-5th of the month.

Would that be possible or would I need to wait on the first Direct Debit to be successful taken then change the date myself for the following months in the Balance & Payment section of the iPhone app?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 10 March 2021, 11:46

Hi @Valo 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

Are you able to contact Pure Planet via ‘Help and Support’ in the App? or is that not available to you?

Normally the first payment is taken on your switching date, and I’m not sure whether you can alter that before your switch - as you’ve noted, you can change it for the months after your switch.

The only way I recall that’s been discussed in the community for changing payment date before the switch is to cancel the switch, and reapply 17 days before the date you want the payment to go out, however, I wouldn’t want to suggest you do that without exploring the possibility of other options.
As the direct debit takes up to 10 days to set-up, or alter, it’s best you get an answer as to the best option to take, as soon as possible.
If you have access to it in the app/online:

Top right, three bars

Get Help And Support.
Ask a question.
WattBot may be able to help, or it may need to leave a message for member support.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy

View original

1 reply

Hi @Valo 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community.

Are you able to contact Pure Planet via ‘Help and Support’ in the App? or is that not available to you?

Normally the first payment is taken on your switching date, and I’m not sure whether you can alter that before your switch - as you’ve noted, you can change it for the months after your switch.

The only way I recall that’s been discussed in the community for changing payment date before the switch is to cancel the switch, and reapply 17 days before the date you want the payment to go out, however, I wouldn’t want to suggest you do that without exploring the possibility of other options.
As the direct debit takes up to 10 days to set-up, or alter, it’s best you get an answer as to the best option to take, as soon as possible.
If you have access to it in the app/online:

Top right, three bars

Get Help And Support.
Ask a question.
WattBot may be able to help, or it may need to leave a message for member support.

Kindest regards

Gwyndy