Solved

Direct Debit

• 16 November 2020
  • 15 replies

Hi. My direct debit on the 1st November failed. My fault. Pure Planet say they will retake usually after 10 to 14 days...is this the case? I have asked the Bott but no response. 

Regards 

P

icon

Best answer by diesel290772 20 November 2020, 18:17

Thanks Nataly.  All finally sorted. Had confirmation the dd was taken this morning. 

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@diesel290772 They will retry.

I would hope, (but have no solid evidence to back this up as I haven’t personally been in that situation), that they will send you an email to tell you. (it should be standard practice). If you haven’t received anything in the next few days or so post back and then escalate it to wattbot (help&support)  for clarification.

I assume you never cancelled the dd, if you did the answer is different.

With the bot you have to persist through bot replies until it says your message has been passed to the team, replies can take up to 3 working days.

Hi

I've asked whatbott questions re my account 2/3 days ago and still no response.  How on earth do you make contact with them. 

Hi

I've asked whatbott questions re my account 2/3 days ago and still no response.  How on earth do you make contact with them. 

Type “message the team” into the chat box

That’ll then connect your messages with a human at PP. Feel free type in any further messages after the above “message the team” statement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@diesel290772 .

If Wattbot said your message has been passed to the team, you will get a reply, but replies are taking  up to 3 working days .

If you sent the question 2/3 days ago, it was over the weekend, so you should receive a reply by tomorrow

Hi P @diesel290772 

Yes so long as the Direct Debit is still active, the payment will be attempted again after 10 working days :thumbsup:  

Hope you got a reply from WattBot, or that your message was sent through to the team? Once your convo has been sent to the team, WattBot will stop replying and any messages sent will be visible to the team instead. Once everything’s been sorted and your chat’s closed, you’re back with WattBot who’ll reply to you again! :grin:

Thanks Nataly. Its now the 19th November can you confirm from your records the November payment has been taken or when you will take it. The direct debit is still active.

Hey @diesel290772 

I’m sorry, I don’t have access to your account or payments info to be able to check that out! You can absolutely ask our Member Services team to check that for you though, in your WattBot chat :slight_smile:

Thanks Nataly.  All finally sorted. Had confirmation the dd was taken this morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@diesel290772 

Did you get an email to say the dd would be attempted again (after it failed first time?)

(If not I’d like to suggest this in the ideas board.)

I think it was watt bott that stated it would be taken again after 10 days. I did have to chase this on numerous occasions.  But some clearer advice would be useful for customers going forward.

I sent many emails and I asked the AI whatbotORwhatever  and still got no replies.... 

I'm now in the process of switching to the Which recommended BEST for last 3 years and yes they have a UK callcentre and humans you can call and actually still talk to.!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I sent many emails and I asked the AI whatbotORwhatever  and still got no replies.... 

I'm now in the process of switching to the Which recommended BEST for last 3 years and yes they have a UK callcentre and humans you can call and actually still talk to.!

Hi, I understand WattBot doesn’t suit everyone therefore, did you post your query here in the community? Majority of customer issues are solver by the community members who are knowledgeable & informed and are keen to assist new members/customers. 
Wish you well ✔️

@Anonymous  

Just read this post and was about to reply then realised it was written a year ago.. anyway

@Anonymous I hope you got sorted in the end but the problem you wrote about sounds exactly like the position I find myself in right now..

I swapped to PurePlanet as they seemed to be a good deal and I was looking to switch at the time even though I had been in credit to my previous supplier ovo energy for 3 years PP offered a full green deal at good price. 12 months + down the line and I'm now changing suppliers again due to PP letting me run up a sizeable debt not for want of trying to sort it and PurePlanet increasing payments substantially by direct debit that I did not agree to and all this in a pandemic when my work was on and off due to work from home and lockdowns. And as for customer service there is none as your emails go unanswered and as for whatnot- don't get me started stupid AI .... I just want to speak to a human and get my payment issue sorted. Well now I have cancelled my direct debit to get some action and some contact , I am also starting the process of switching to the Which Best Buy voted Best energy supplier for the last 3 years running and guess what ? whatnot whatbot whatever you can actually speak to a human at a UK callcentre now there's a luxury.......

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Anonymous,

I wish you well with you new supplier.

I’ve never had a problem getting a human response via wattBot with the prefix “Message the Team” followed by a response within 2 days (pre covid), and then a text prompt advising response back in bot space. We members have the direct message facility with 2 great PP community managers who work in the same office (pre covid) with the account handlers. Then of course you have this great and respectful community that PP set up so that we can assist each other and learn stuff. Its not for all, but appears to working for a growing number of members. My last supplier had a call centre and went bust and was the most frustrating service I have ever ever endured. Would I want every company I deal with not to have a call centre then no, but I chose PP based on that fact, it has been a light bulb experience with a knowledgable base with some wee benefits.

Sorry for waffling and all the best. You might even come back one day.

Peace

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

@diesel290772  I’ve dealt with two energy suppliers recently on behalf of relatives/neighbours both of whom took at least a week to reply. There was no urgency in either case.

An email response saying we’ve received your query is sufficient to expect an eventual reply, (that should be the de-facto standard approach) The issue is about having the confidence to think your query hasn’t gone into a black hole. If it went to the team then you would have received or will receive a reply,