Solved

Direct contact with a Human over the phone

• 16 October 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I am concerned that WattBot is a “black hole” and whenever I use it i never receive a response. How do you actually get hold of a ‘real’ person to discuss anything in regards to your account ?

icon

Best answer by Angelabikerbabe 16 October 2020, 11:36

Hi

you should always be in credit by roughly 1 months DD at any time. 
So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and potentially refund the extra. 
You can do this via the app, under 'balance and payments '.

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi
You're talking to fellow PP customers on this forum, and as such we don't have access to customers accounts. But we will help if we can.

There are no call centres with PP, it is an app-based company.
You need to send your message to the team directly via Wattbot.

if you go to the app and click on the
☰ menu at the top, then click on help, then ask Wattbot, 

Then you need to type in 'message the team' .

It will then offer you a few options of faq, if none apply - then click on the box that says 'message the team',

Then wait until you see the reply from Wattbot saying 'OK, I've passed our conversation to the team. Anything to add? Send it below and the team will see it.'

You can then type in your message (and any photos), then send it

Might take a couple of days to get back to you, but they will

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

is there anything we can give you advice on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

It’s not a wonderful system though and it is far from obvious how to break through the wall of robotic answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you go through the 'message the team'  scenario , as stated above, your message will get to a human. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

If you go through the 'message the team'  scenario , as stated above, your message will get to a human. 

I agree but it is not obvious how to do it in the app, and it should be, and this type of approach gives the impression to customers of “Use the help function but it is configured to make real contact difficult.”

When I first used it, it proved impossible to break through the wall until I was advised of the secret words to use.

Userlevel 1

@

Thanks for the swift response m.a. I did the message the team interface first before posting here. Not hopefull as I have used WattBot many times from my Android. I now conduct all correspondence with PP from the Web interface on my LT. It seems that there is no way to get them to refund the £500+ credit. Seen this too many times where Energy Suppliers build up credit on your account and then earn their own interest on OUR money. Hasn’t stopped them informing me they are going to take an ‘adjusted’ increased Winter payment either!! Wonder if Marc the Admin is following this thread ?

Be safe & take care out there both … 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi

you should always be in credit by roughly 1 months DD at any time. 
So if you're way over that in credit, you can ask PP to review and potentially refund the extra. 
You can do this via the app, under 'balance and payments '.

Userlevel 1

Thnx Angela. Done. If they deduct my next DD from my credit I am due £350 refund. Xmas is coming …

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

👍

Hey @aphuk and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Looks like you’ve received some great advice from @Angelabikerbabe

We have more info in our FAQs about what to do if you think you’re overpaying which you may find helpful, too. We’d absolutely rather you didn’t build up a large credit (or debit for that matter) in your account :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Hello Nataly :relaxed: Thanks to the advice I received here (@Angelabikerbabe) I am now paying less in DD’s and also receiving a £365.28 within the next 10 days. I was suitably impressed with the speed of response from everyone concerned. :ok_hand:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Glad you got sorted 👍

Great news @aphuk, thanks for updating us here in the Community, too! :raised_hands: