Solved

DD missing when billing date is on a weekend

• 29 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

All my previous bills have always shown my latest DD payment, but on my latest one it is missing. Could this be because the billing date is a Sunday (so the payment wouldn't go through until the next day) or is this likely to be an error. I have raised with the team, but if this is a wider issue effecting how weekend payments don't show I though it might be a useful one for the community.

With all previous suppliers my DD has always shown for that month whatever the billing date so a bit of an odd one.....

Cheers,

Andrew
icon

Best answer by Duppy 29 April 2019, 14:19

Hi Pikers,
You are correct, this has happened to me, any direct debit due over a weekend will not be credited to your account until the next working day. It can be a shock when you receive your statement to see a debit when you know you should be in credit, but there will be two credits on your next statement to level things out.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Pilkers,

I could be wrong but I think you have answered your own question and I believe this was mentioned recently by another member. Please confirm the day that your missing statement DD left your account which confirms your theory.

For the record and if your theory is correct I do not think this is unique to PP and I have had the same with how some bank accounts process payments. For example if your statement date was yesterday (Sunday) then maybe the bank process payment will be actioned on Monday and this may be at midnight.

If this is the case as you have set out and then I guess the only fix is working out the weekends that may affect the DD and change the payment date in the APP.
​Think I've said too much as I could be way off on all counts.

It would be nice to know what the result was and other members feedback.

Have a great day
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi Pikers,
You are correct, this has happened to me, any direct debit due over a weekend will not be credited to your account until the next working day. It can be a shock when you receive your statement to see a debit when you know you should be in credit, but there will be two credits on your next statement to level things out.
Thanks all - the issue was indeed the weekend - confirmed by customer services.