Credit in my account

• 13 February 2019
  • 7 replies

It’s getting near the end of winter and my account is over £240 in credit, when will my direct debit amount be re assessed please

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Breezy;23536:
It’s getting near the end of winter and my account is over £240 in credit, when will my direct debit amount be re assessed please

Hi there

I'm just another customer, but I felt the same a month ago - then the January bill came in, and it's been cold since then. So my credit is not looking quite so healthy now! Bear in mind that you are also paying in advance.

Without knowing what your monthly direct debit is, it's hard to know if this credit is high. But PP do review, every 6 months.

Here's their advice: https://community.purepla.net/content/213-I-think-I-m-overpaying-in-my-bills-What-do-I-do#ckb_start

Hope this helps
Stephen
stephenrand;23543:
Hi there

I'm just another customer, but I felt the same a month ago - then the January bill came in, and it's been cold since then. So my credit is not looking quite so healthy now! Bear in mind that you are also paying in advance.

Without knowing what your monthly direct debit is, it's hard to know if this credit is high. But PP do review, every 6 months.

Here's their advice: https://community.purepla.net/content/213-I-think-I-m-overpaying-in-my-bills-What-do-I-do#ckb_start

Hope this helps
Stephen

I’m on £118 a month winter rate and have just paid my bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Breezy
It's usually assessed at 6 months, ditto what the others said, I'd expect the credit to be around 1 months average payment (which is a tenth of your winter amount), maybe plus a bit as it's been quite warm (really it has!) but it depends on when the DD is taken.
You have nothing to lose by heading over to help, ask wattbot, type "message the team" and ask them to review your account with a view to a either a part refund or a DD reduction.

Ignore this bit it's just me musing...looked at simply (this is not how it works but it's close enough) if your winter payment was say £150 that would leave £90 to play with over a year so in theory you could reduce your DD by £9 in winter months and £6 in summer months.

Breezy;23536:
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Breezy;23549:
I’m on £118 a month winter rate and have just paid my bill

That's almost exactly the same as mine. My usage in January was about half as much again, so I imagine will be similar for February, bit more, bearing in mind the price has gone up. So my credit will almost have gone - it built up in my summer rate months. So if your usage in this last statement was over £140/£150 I'd be tempted to hang on; if it was close to £120 or below, then you could message the team, as woz suggests.

Up to you, of course!

Stephen
I would like to have a refund of the surplus money in my account. Does anyone know who to request this from? I do not want to have a surplus of this amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hi Peggyl,

The advice provided by the last two messages in this thread from Stephen and Woz..could be considered..including how to message the team in the APP by Woz.

Follow that advice and revert back if you need further help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Peggy
bear in mind you pay your Direct debit at the start of the billing period unless you've changed the payment date, so the statement balance depending on timing could show that credit- in other words your surplus may be lower than you think.
You need to ask in help in the app, type "message the team" and ask them to look at your account with a view to a partial refund.
Peggyl;23609:
I would like to have a refund of the surplus money in my account. Does anyone know who to request this from? I do not want to have a surplus of this amount.