Solved

Changing DD amount

• 7 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m just in the process of switching to Pure Planet. My proposed DDis a certain figure for the first six months and then increases by about seventy pounds  for the second part of the year. I’d rather pay a figure between the two amounts consistently across the year. is it possible to change it at my request?

icon

Best answer by Gwyndy 7 September 2020, 10:20

Hi @ALH190 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

Unless there’s been a sudden change that I’m not aware of, the answer to your question is that it can’t be done.

The general advice that we, your fellow Pure Plant community members give, is that if the 60/40 split causes confusion, the best thing to do (although the timing is out for this at the moment) is to work out what your monthly payment should be, take the difference between that and your ‘Spring/Summer’ payment out from the account in the ‘Spring/Summer’ months, and put it back in for the ‘Autumn/Winter’ months.

Pure Planet’s belief is that the split better reflects ‘actual’ usage, and  therefore means people are less likely to ‘overpay’ - from personal experience, this only really seems to work if you have gas heating.

If you use the search function, you will find several other variations of your question, with similar explanations, and possibly other solutions - I’m actually surprised none of them came up as a suggestion for you.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

View original

3 replies

Hi @ALH190 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community.

Unless there’s been a sudden change that I’m not aware of, the answer to your question is that it can’t be done.

The general advice that we, your fellow Pure Plant community members give, is that if the 60/40 split causes confusion, the best thing to do (although the timing is out for this at the moment) is to work out what your monthly payment should be, take the difference between that and your ‘Spring/Summer’ payment out from the account in the ‘Spring/Summer’ months, and put it back in for the ‘Autumn/Winter’ months.

Pure Planet’s belief is that the split better reflects ‘actual’ usage, and  therefore means people are less likely to ‘overpay’ - from personal experience, this only really seems to work if you have gas heating.

If you use the search function, you will find several other variations of your question, with similar explanations, and possibly other solutions - I’m actually surprised none of them came up as a suggestion for you.

Kindest Regards

Gwyndy

Hello @ALH190, sorry Pure Planet do higher payments during the winter and lower during the summer. See this similar thread for more… https://community.purepla.net/payments-and-billing-14/monthly-payments-10903

Edit: I see @Gwyndy had already answered 1 minute earlier. Ignore my duplicate. 

Many thanks for your help.