Solved

cannot get in touch to speak to a person.

• 16 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I have just joined blue planet and found they had the incorrect starting meter read. I have contacted them on several occasions but as yet had no reply. I have now just been landed with a bill of £700 . I have tried again to contact someone without success. I am now deciding if I should go to another supplier.

icon

Best answer by woz 16 September 2021, 16:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @Seamless692001 

Sometimes it takes a while to sort these, but they should keep you updated, have you checked your emails?

Did you switch from another supplier or move in somewhere new?

How far out in kWh if electric or m3 if gas was the reading from where it should have been? (If under a certain amount and you’ve switched the rules are you can’t dispute)

Did you take photos of the meter and send those?

Has the previous supplier now produced a final bill?

In answer to your question use help>ask a Q to send a message to the team, (replies not instant). Make sure your message is passed to the team and not just a bot reply.

All the answers to the above are yes, my electricity bill is out by about 3000kw/h.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

All the answers to the above are yes, my electricity bill is out by about 3000kw/h.

@Seamless692001 

Q: Did you switch from another supplier or move in somewhere new?

A: Yes

LOL

I take it you switched? If it’s 3000kWh out you need to raise a dispute - the upper limit below which you can’t dispute is 250kWh!

The start and end readings have to match.

The point I never expanded on is if your previous supplier has produced the final bill did the end reading match the start reading of PP, in which case they will have charged you for 3000kWh less. 

(Of course if the old suppliers rates were higher than PP you’d be winning in that case)

Use wattbot to pursue a dispute - patience is required as a third party is involved.

Hello @Seamless692001 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Spot on advice here from @woz - sounds like a read dispute will need to be raised for this. 

Did you contact the team via WattBot? That’s the quickest way to get through to the team. WattBot is under ‘help’ > ‘ask a question’ in the web or app. 

I hope this helps!

It is out 3000kw/h and given a bill for£700

Been with them 2 months. I have a final bill from my old supplier which I have sent to pure planet.