Question

Bizarre statement - incorrect and insufficient information

Userlevel 1

My latest statement doesn’t show payments I have made so apparently I have a large debt. 

It also shows an gas reading on 15th April which is total horlicks, none was taken at all this month 

It shows a closing reading for electricity on the 15th followed by an opening reading - the 2 don’t tally, but are in my favour by a smudge (how ??!?!??!) 

Why is one “a reading” and one a closing-opening ? why not both the same ? 

I send readings, they are ignored and estimates are used instead

I need a phone number so I can speak to a human who can see the same bill I do, & explain it 

Please.       It shouldn’t be this hard + confusing 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi.

My latest statement doesn’t show payments I have made so apparently I have a large debt. 

My statement this month also doesn't show my payment....however this is I presume due to the bank holiday Monday, maybe yours is too? 

The gas reading, if its not yours, as you have not submitted one,  will be an estimated one then. 

Estomayed readings: ...it depends when you submit your readings.
For example, If you submit them 2 days before your payment date, PP will estimate the usage for the last 3 days, but use your readings for the rest of the month. 
When PP request my readings , I don't send my readings until the last day possible. Eg. PP say they need them by 1st, I send mine 31st. And mine are not being estimated. 
However, when you submit your next ones, previous ones will be adjusted.
https://community.purepla.net/statements-and-billing-43/estimated-readings-on-my-statement-10321

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

“Total Horlicks” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hi @gladini 

The community don’t have access to your account.

Have another look at your statement, you should see the readings that you submitted are on the statement as well as the estimated ones (see @Angelabikerbabe ‘s explanation)

Have you changed tariff? (Opening and closing?)

Is the gas reading estimated and bears some resemblance to reality? How far out is it? It will correct, I suggest you submit one anyway (If it’s completely out and bears no resemblance to your reading (i.e. out by thousands) and not just an incorrect estimate which will correct when you submit, take a photo and seend that with your query, see below)

PP don’t have a call centre, for customer service use wattbot in help&support to send a query to the team, persist through bot replies until you get a message back saying your message has been sent to the team. Replies usually within 2 working days.

Check with your bank, you’ll probably find the DD has been taken (hopefully) but just hasn’t made it to the statement yet.

I don’t work for PP

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@gladini

Do you have a smart meter, this would explain the reading you didn't submit. I have had open close readings that don't match, when I questioned it, the team said it's because they are taken at different times on the same day, although no explanation about why they are required

The no payment shown will almost certainly be caused by a weekend payment, my statement on the 3rd didn't show my DD, normally taken on 1st

Userlevel 1

Thanks folks

My beefs are that the gas section shows a meter reading was taken apparently on the 15th. 

Not by me it wasn’t, and as far I know we did not let anyone in the house.

The electricity section shows a closing reading also made on the 15th. a) why, I did not request closure, and b) again no one made a meter reading. c) why is it followed by an opening, which is a different value. d) why was the electricity “closed” but not the gas 

I get about perhaps the missing credits being due to bank holiday but that’s a bit shambolic and no warning about it, or post event apology. 

Yes I have a smart meter from previous supplier, but Pure Planet can’t use it ( another real frustration ) and can’t give me an outlook on when they will re code it or upgrade it. 

Thank you for the bot tip I will try it and I’m sure it will help others. 

So much for the marketing tag line of “ nothing for you to do “ when I made the decision to switch to pure planet

The price point I have is still attractive for my needs, but I am not enjoying the ride. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@gladini 

If you have a SMETS1 meter, it is possible that it has now been updated so PP can access it, no-one needs to call it is all done remotely. This would also explain the close/open reading.

If you check the meter reading history in the usage section of your account, you may find "smart" against the readings

Userlevel 1

@gladini

If you have a SMETS1 meter, it is possible that it has now been updated so PP can access it, no-one needs to call it is all done remotely. This would also explain the close/open reading.

If you check the meter reading history in the usage section of your account, you may find "smart" against the readings

ooooo I got excited about the smart wording, but alas No.

I did notice another feature of the pure planet billing technology which is the closing reading is > higher < than the opening reading.   hmmmmm time travel 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @gladini 

You have a baffling situation, and in my experience, unique, which won't be any encouragement to you.

I'll offer a few thoughts, and I think it's worth asking @Nataly from the team what she thinks.

It sounds as if you switched recently. If that happened on any out of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd April, then you were unlucky in the sense that the banks were 'closed' 1-3 May and your second direct debit payment would not have shown up until 4th May, and therefore not appeared on your statement. You can now check if it has been paid, either by looking at your bank account and/or your PP account in the app and online. Does that solve that part of the puzzle?

My guess about the opening/closing reading is that there is a system across the industry for agreeing the reading at the time of your switch between the two companies. This can take six weeks to happen, and may result in a changed reading being used - nothing to do with Pure Planet. I'm wondering if this explains the higher to lower reading change. I'm just guessing.

A process is underway, and has been for sometime, to activate SMETS1 meters with new suppliers - again, Pure Planet have no control over this.

Hoping this moves things forward

Stephen

Hey @gladini and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

It sounds as if you switched recently. If that happened on any out of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd April, then you were unlucky in the sense that the banks were 'closed' 1-3 May and your second direct debit payment would not have shown up until 4th May, and therefore not appeared on your statement. You can now check if it has been paid, either by looking at your bank account and/or your PP account in the app and online. Does that solve that part of the puzzle?

Some really good advice from @stephenrand about your payments here - I’d also suggest checking the ‘balance and payments’ section of your account, to see if it’s been updated now. :thumbsup: 

I would’ve thought the same as @Duppy RE the readings being related to smart meters… 

Since I don’t have access to your account, or your meter details, I think it’d be best to get in touch with our Member Services team here. They can check out your latest statement, meter reading detail, and meter information to explain what’s happened. To get in touch with them, select ‘get help and support’ > ‘ask a question’ in your account. Since this is account-specific, you could also type ‘message the team' and follow WattBot’s prompts. Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

just to say If I was looking for a good stage name for a magician act I think The Great Gladini would be near the top of my list.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the thread, and I’m not suggesting @gladini is a magician.

Life can just be too serious...

My Electricity supply statement this month also missed the DD payment, which was slightly later than normal due to the Bank Holiday weekend. This is not really an issue, the system will catch up next month and it's an easy matter to do the simple sum to reassure myself what the true balance is.

Userlevel 1

Hey @gladini and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

It sounds as if you switched recently. . Does that solve that part of the puzzle?

Nope the service had gone live Pure Planet some 6+ months beforehand. 

The credits missing on the statement just irks me.

Bank Holidays aren’t new, other utility companies have coped handled fine. 

Thank you for the comment about SMARTing up mk1 units, if this is going on outside PurePlanet then I accept they were not able to warn me what I might see.  However some subsequent comms would be nice, such as advising the account would be moving to smart mk2 soon. 

Thank you Nataly I will try that method if I see strange things again. 

I have not had a lot of luck with Wattbot before, I would prefer just to phone someone or send an email. 

Finally Woz, yep I have got out of some fine scrapes in my time ////// Alas more luck than careful prep ….