Solved

Billing Question

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello, I just moved into a property supplied by Pure Planet and am wondering when they will direct debit my account.  They sent me the first billing invoice and the total was £57 covering a period of 29 March to 14 April but I never saw a direct debit.  Then when i was online I saw that a direct debit is supposed to take place on 1 May for £64.  Does this cover the £57 or is it separate?  

I guess what I am asking is when will they direct debit from my account and will it be for £57 or £64?

icon

Best answer by 25 quid 27 April 2021, 15:36

Hi @mdb1110, welcome!

PP takes DD’s on the billing anniversary. You can move this date if necessary to a different more convenient date in the app (you’ll have to wait if you’re too close to the payment date). 

The payment will not match your actual usage, but will be the agreed monthly amount (£64). It should average out over the course of a year to about match your annual usage (this month you paid a little more than the £57 you used). 

You can also review our monthly payments in the app once you’ve been with PP for a while.

View original

5 replies

Hi @mdb1110, welcome!

PP takes DD’s on the billing anniversary. You can move this date if necessary to a different more convenient date in the app (you’ll have to wait if you’re too close to the payment date). 

The payment will not match your actual usage, but will be the agreed monthly amount (£64). It should average out over the course of a year to about match your annual usage (this month you paid a little more than the £57 you used). 

You can also review our monthly payments in the app once you’ve been with PP for a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@mdb1110

Good question!

It will be for £64. The date will be the nearest weekday to the date quoted and will always be on that monthly date, your June payment will presumably be on 1st June (if it falls on a weekend or bank hol it will be the next working day)

If you’ve now registered and set up a direct debit (which I assume you have from your post) I would think the £ minus57 should  just show in your balance when you get the first statement, and that PP calculated the amount of DD to cover the £57 over a period of time

BUT I’m only guessing as I’ve not been in that position.

(in any event PP can’t take a random direct debit to cover it unless they inform you first)

Worst case scenario is they haven’t set the dd amount to cover it and may review your dd amount if the balance becomes too negative, or you can make a one-off payment using the app/or when logged in.

(by the way have you checked that the opening meter figures on the original bill are correct - presumably you took meter readings when you moved in?)

@Marc ? I’m not sure of  the answer on this one

Hi @mdb1110 

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting.

As community manager I don’t have access to our Members’ account details, but it looks to me that the ‘normal’ DD is £64, and the £57 for what was used in the first month, which is less than a ‘full’ month.

It may be a good idea to contact our Member services team, which can be done via Help & support in the PP app :thumbsup:

👻

To all who answered, thanks for the warm welcome and the assistance.  I think I am going to reach out to Help & Support to confirm that my £64 payment scheduled for 1 May will cover the £57 shown on the account.