Solved

billing change to quarterly?

• 1 March 2019
  • 5 replies

can i change my billing to quarterly from monthly?

cheers
icon

Best answer by MrSmart 5 April 2019, 23:25

Hi there,
Sorry you didn't receive a reply to this - Pure Planet only do monthly billing, it won't be possible to be billed quarterly.
View original

5 replies

Hi there,
Sorry you didn't receive a reply to this - Pure Planet only do monthly billing, it won't be possible to be billed quarterly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
My water bill comes quarterly, I don't know why different industries use different billing schedules. Don't know any energy provider doing quarterly bills though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
djblez;24697:

cheers

Is it worth pointing out that it's a monthly statement? You are paying by a monthly direct debit, not paying a variable bill every month. Does that help at all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi djblez
​It isn't possible but may I ask why?
There are a few reasons why PP send statements monthly, not the least being that in conjunction with monthly meter readings it helps them know on an ongoing basis how much energy they need to purchase.
If the statements were subject to tree felling and postal overheads there might be a counter argument to be made, but they aren't (disclaimer energy is required to produce an electronic statement and email it.)

djblez;24697:

cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I think some of the larger companies like British Gas (and maybe E.ON?) offer quarterly options but the tariffs are generally more expensive.
Gabolino;27190:
My water bill comes quarterly, I don't know why different industries use different billing schedules. Don't know any energy provider doing quarterly bills though.