Solved

billing?

• 5 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I have just received an email that my d/debit is going up to cover winter usages , i was told when i started it we only payed for what we used ? confused

icon

Best answer by stephenrand 5 September 2020, 15:00

Hi @nala 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Both are true! You pay a regular direct debit every month that is set at a rate designed over the course of one year to cover an estimate of your usage. That regular direct debit is divided into a higher winter rate and a lower summer rate because most people use more energy in the winter months - this was explained in the information you received when you joined Pure Planet.

Every six months your account is reviewed. If you are actually using more energy than was originally estimated, your direct debit is adjusted upwards; if less, it is reduced.

But it is always true that in the end you only pay for what you use. If you were to leave Pure Planet, then you get a final bill that asks for a final payment or gives a refund so that what you have paid exactly covers what you have used since the day you joined.

Hope that helps

Stephen

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @nala 

Welcome to the Pure Planet community!

Both are true! You pay a regular direct debit every month that is set at a rate designed over the course of one year to cover an estimate of your usage. That regular direct debit is divided into a higher winter rate and a lower summer rate because most people use more energy in the winter months - this was explained in the information you received when you joined Pure Planet.

Every six months your account is reviewed. If you are actually using more energy than was originally estimated, your direct debit is adjusted upwards; if less, it is reduced.

But it is always true that in the end you only pay for what you use. If you were to leave Pure Planet, then you get a final bill that asks for a final payment or gives a refund so that what you have paid exactly covers what you have used since the day you joined.

Hope that helps

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hi @nala 

If you look at your original quote you’ll see that the direct debit is split over the year.

60% of your annual expected annual cost is paid over the colder months, October to March and

40% over the warmer months, April to September.

So if your annual cost was expected to be £1200, if it was split equally over 12 months you’d pay £100 a month, but with PP because you use less energy in the summer months you pay £80 in the warmer months and £120 in the colder months.

You  do only pay for what you use, if you look at the statement produced every month you’ll see the balance going up and down depending on how much you’ve been charged for what you use.

Have a look at this

https://community.purepla.net/switching-supplier-30/getting-a-quote-with-pure-planet-10296