Question

billin

• 16 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I just joined pure planet in this month.  I had to pay the bills for previous supplier which is for last three month and is understandable but pure planet deducted nealy £80 about the same time with them.  Is this advanced payment? Also, because it seems more than I use, can I change to the payment with actual amount that I used gas and electricity?  

2 replies

Hi @yazbon 

Welcome to the Pure Planet Community,

“I had to pay the bills for previous supplier which is for last three month and is understandable but pure planet deducted nealy £80 about the same time with them.  Is this advanced payment?”

As should have been detailed in your welcome pack, Pure Planet take your payment, in advance, each month on the mensiversary of your switching date.

“Also, because it seems more than I use, can I change to the payment with actual amount that I used gas and electricity? “

As also should have been explained in your welcome pack, Pure Planet bases its payments on the annual usage you have stated when you signed up, split into 12 unequal payments (40% is taken during April to September/60% is taken during October to March).
Your payment breakdown is detailed on your ‘Balance and Payments’ screen, for example this is mine:

Pure Planet does not currently offer the ability to pay monthly for actual usage. Ultimately, over the course of a year, you should end up paying the correct amount for your energy usage, assuming of course that your estimate is approximately correct. Pure Planet will carry out an Account Review at least twice a year, although you can request one yourself after you’ve been a member for a few months.

It is also worth bearing in mind that you will probably be paying both Pure Planet and your previous supplier for at least a few weeks, due to the switching process requiring up to 6 weeks for the OFGEM required verification of meter readings, and another up to 4 weeks for your old supplier to provide a final bill.

Kindest Regards
Gwyndy

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Strictly speaking the first payment which is taken on the day you switch, cannot be defined as a mensiversary. 

All essays must be written on lined paper with a fountain pen.