Solved

Bill payments

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, 

Another question for you! 

We changed provider at the start of March and paid 120 I assume paying in advance and have just received a bill for 80, is this payment also in advance, for April?

icon

Best answer by Strutt G 7 April 2021, 19:46

Hello, so do we think the £80 is for our March usage? Do you know how we find the welcome pack?

No doubt due to a weekend your March statement does not show your March direct debit (DD) and has been included on your April statement along with Aprils DD. Your March DD shown as credit is higher than April because of the seasonal change. So your statements add the cost of energy used less your DD’s. Payment is taken in advance on the joining date, unless its gone out of kilter due to bank holidays etc. DD dates can be changed though if you need to. 

• 60% annual cost projection is from October - March - DD’s x 6 @ 60% paid
  • 40% annual cost projection is from April - September  - DD’s x 6 @ 40% paid

During the joining process you received a series of emails which say’s on mine (2 years ago) welcome to Pure planet in the subject field. That email has two attachments including the welcome pack and terms. 

So the £80.01 advises that too date you are in credit as long as you are sending meter reads as requested by PP 3 days in advance of your statement date. For the record if I send a meter on my statement date, my statement will not be estimated...but the 3 days make no difference and just a cool reminder.

Listen out from other members always ready to pitch in - thats what this community is for.

Its great!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi LeslieAv,

Its just a statement and not a bill as the DD remains constant until our accounts are reviewed. Your monthly charge will be as the welcome pack and nothing extra unless you prompt a review which is usually every six months with advance warning. In essence your DD will not change without warning.

Statements affected by meter reads and how your usage pans out so will always fluctuate.

Hope that assists

Userlevel 2

Hello, so do we think the £80 is for our March usage? Do you know how we find the welcome pack?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No doubt due to a weekend your March statement does not show your March direct debit (DD) and has been included on your April statement along with Aprils DD. Your March DD shown as credit is higher than April because of the seasonal change. So your statements add the cost of energy used less your DD’s. Payment is taken in advance on the joining date, unless its gone out of kilter due to bank holidays etc. DD dates can be changed though if you need to. 

• 60% annual cost projection is from October - March - DD’s x 6 @ 60% paid
  • 40% annual cost projection is from April - September  - DD’s x 6 @ 40% paid

During the joining process you received a series of emails which say’s on mine (2 years ago) welcome to Pure planet in the subject field. That email has two attachments including the welcome pack and terms. 

So the £80.01 advises that too date you are in credit as long as you are sending meter reads as requested by PP 3 days in advance of your statement date. For the record if I send a meter on my statement date, my statement will not be estimated...but the 3 days make no difference and just a cool reminder.

Listen out from other members always ready to pitch in - thats what this community is for.

Its great!

Userlevel 2

Ahhh okay this makes sense. Just read the welcome statement (shouldn't have left it to my husband to do!) and it is 122 for Oct-March and 80 for April-September. I see now that money is taken at the start of the month for that month ahead.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cheers…

6 x £122.50 - £735.00 / 60%

6 x £81.66 - £489.96 / 40%

Annual £1,224.96 cost based on the usage/consumption that PP was provided with to work out your projected energy use. 

Laters