Solved

Bill

• 3 September 2019
  • 3 replies

I don't understand my latest bill, there are loads of credits and debits. It's not straight forward to read.
icon

Best answer by woz 3 September 2019, 16:50

hi Ddocherty
you have probably received a corrected and consolidated bill.
It's just a repeat of your previous statements with some corrections, but you make a very good point, there should be more explanation as to why you've received it.
Just to address the point you made about the direct debit, it will be taken no matter what your statement balance is, your statement balance will fluctuate during the year, the dd is set so that your balance should remain broadly neutral over a year.
​A neutral balance is around a months payment after the dd is paid, so if your balance is a long way above your average monthly payment (it sounds like yours is and you're paying too much) you should ask for a direct debit review and possible refund in wattbot. (type message the team and ask).
What was the balance on the statement you got before the corrected statement if I may ask?
PP will get back to you within 24 hrs
Does that help at all?

Ddocherty;36768:
I have no idea, it looks as if it may be an estimated bill, however, there's like 8 or more credits on there and my balance shows in credit of over 1K.....it's proving very difficult to speak with the "Wattbot". My DD's are still being taken each month despite being in credit, I don't understand.
View original

3 replies

Ddocherty;36763:
I don't understand my latest bill, there are loads of credits and debits. It's not straight forward to read.

Is it because you had estimated reading? If so they will have redone your statement by withdrawing the estimates and rebilling for a longer period and obviously showing your payments over the same period.

HTH
I have no idea, it looks as if it may be an estimated bill, however, there's like 8 or more credits on there and my balance shows in credit of over 1K.....it's proving very difficult to speak with the "Wattbot". My DD's are still being taken each month despite being in credit, I don't understand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi Ddocherty
you have probably received a corrected and consolidated bill.
It's just a repeat of your previous statements with some corrections, but you make a very good point, there should be more explanation as to why you've received it.
Just to address the point you made about the direct debit, it will be taken no matter what your statement balance is, your statement balance will fluctuate during the year, the dd is set so that your balance should remain broadly neutral over a year.
​A neutral balance is around a months payment after the dd is paid, so if your balance is a long way above your average monthly payment (it sounds like yours is and you're paying too much) you should ask for a direct debit review and possible refund in wattbot. (type message the team and ask).
What was the balance on the statement you got before the corrected statement if I may ask?
PP will get back to you within 24 hrs
Does that help at all?

Ddocherty;36768: