Solved

bil increased x 4

• 14 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

The bill i have received has increased 4 fold since having a smart meter installed in mid May.. This cannot be correct, who do i need to speak to and how do i contact them please

icon

Best answer by Duppy 15 July 2021, 08:51

@ADRIANGRAY

There are a few things that you need to check here 

Is the increased statement the result of automatic smart readings, you can check in your account statement history, or have you supplied readings. If you haven't submitted readings and PP can't yet access your meters, then estimates will be used.

If the readings are smart, check the meter numbers are correct, it's unlikely, but possible for the incorrect meter details to have been submitted.

It is also possible that the statement you have received is an offset statement covering more than one month, and your account had been reconciled after the meter change

View original

7 replies

Hi @ADRIANGRAY,

It likely is that there were only estimate reading prior to getting the new meter. However, there could be a mistake.

So, in the app tap Help then Ask a Question. Now tell the Wattbot machine your situation. It likely won’t understand, so type Message the team to get the attention of a real human.

They should reply in a few days.

Don’t forget, you have received a statement, not a bill. Your payments only change when your account is reviewed.

Userlevel 1

many thanks i shall give it a try.

Good luck @ADRIANGRAY and thanks for posting back…

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ADRIANGRAY

There are a few things that you need to check here 

Is the increased statement the result of automatic smart readings, you can check in your account statement history, or have you supplied readings. If you haven't submitted readings and PP can't yet access your meters, then estimates will be used.

If the readings are smart, check the meter numbers are correct, it's unlikely, but possible for the incorrect meter details to have been submitted.

It is also possible that the statement you have received is an offset statement covering more than one month, and your account had been reconciled after the meter change

Hey @ADRIANGRAY and thanks for posting. 

Looks like you’ve received some great insights from @25 quid and @Duppy here, which have hopefully provided some reassurance too! 

It’s definitely worth checking the smart readings on your statement - our Member Services team will also be able to look into this with you and make sure your statements are accurate and up to date, so nice one for getting in touch with them, too.:ok_hand:

Let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone i shall keep you informed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@ADRIANGRAY 

just a few  questions to help this along

Is this electricity only or both g&e?

Were you supplying readings before the meter was changed?

Do you mean your metered usage has increased four fold?

Can you have a look at the latest statement and see what the last reading PP have used was and the date of the reading? Then go to the meter and see what the reading is (not the in home display, but the meter on the wall_

What date was your new meter installed?

Post back?